Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are considering the use of QR Codes for our Halloween Party this year as I feel this may be an untapped resource. We will print 2" square QR codes and attach them to monsters, props, curiosities, etc. People can scan the code and it will take them to a website and tell them all about the history of that particular monster, or perhaps they can scan the code and find a spooky youtube video, or even a prize. Its a way of bringing the virtual world of Halloween in touch with a party or display. In addition, the apps and QR codes are pretty much free except for printing and paper cost.

I was wondering if anyone had ideas or suggestions.

I have attached a pic of one that if scanned will take you to one of my pages for those who are unfamiliar with QR Codes. They are universal and bridge the language barrier.

qrcode-30832909.png

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,848 Posts
I've used QR codes at my parties. As long as I send out teasers reminding people to get the QR reader, people use it. For one party I had made a series of 8-1/2x11 sheets called Movies that Scared Us with various iconic films. I included a QR code for each one of movies with trailers, best scenes or spoofs.

For a hotel party I had a whole bunch of cursed artifacts, paintings, etc. around the house. I had QR codes related to those items. Scenes from movies, info about the cursed object and more. I also had a scavenger hunt but did not incorporate the QR codes with it, although I certainly could have. I like to think of them as "Easter eggs" for the party. Just a little something extra for those that want to dig deeper.

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,848 Posts
Another idea: If you were doing it as a clue driven type thing for a scavenger hunt or murder mystery, you could be in character and do a short video. Post it privately on YouTube and use it with your QR codes.

I've never done this, but I thought it would be cool if you make your guest wear a cloak under some pretense, then have them watch the video. The video shows a monster creeping up on them. You would have made the video in advance of someone else wearing the cloak. Or have them in a closed room with a video showing some creature coming closer to the door. That could be a fun gag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts