Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm making one of those cheapo skeletons, with the pvc inside to make him bigger and the great stuff on the outside....when i'm putting the pvc together at all of the connections do i need to use the pvc glue or is it ok without it?

·
Registered
340 Posts
hmmm...I'm not sure what you're building but the pvc glue will make a permanent bond. I use the glue on parts I know I will leave together and will never have a need to take it apart like making the frame for a paper mache build. In things where I'll want to take it apart for storage or move them around to get the right shape like arms and legs I fit the parts tightly together, drill a pilot hole and screw and duct tape them together. On parts that don't get bumped, moved or stressed all that much, duct tape works good. Thats been working for me for years.

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you want to take them apart for storage, silicone caulk works for me. Then you just peel the caulk off when you need to take them apart.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I suggest you be cautious when using PVC glue..it will be permanent and you may have to break it down for storage. I used small screws at the connections to hold it in place and if it needs to break down it is not a problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys for your help.....it's not anything that can be broken down but i did decide to go with the screws so i didn't have to mess with that pvc cement....nasty stuff!! i'll post some pics once i get this thing done

·
Registered
312 Posts
The screws work fine. You may need to drill a short hole first just to get the screw started where you want it since PVC can be slippery. Holding a screw while trying to turn it makes for cut up fingers....learned from experience! ha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts