Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hungry For Death
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year, I will embark on a crazy journey as I finally building a maze.... Sort of....

The maze will consist of only PVC piping (3/4"), Will be an area of 12'x12' in my garage.

I already have the layout and 4' hallways.

I just am not understanding what fabric to use as the walls and how to attach them.

Any haunter have like a dummies guide of this PVC maze stuff?

and anybody have any tips/pointers?

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
landscape/weed block fabric is a common fabric for this sort of maze. Attaching it is as simple as folding over a few inches at the top and stapling it, then sliding it over the pipe like a sleeve on your arm. Just make sure you fold over enough to account for the circumference of the pipe rather than the diameter. Also, you might find yourself needing to invest in a saddle stapler to handle the depth of folded material, but... you can always partially fold the material again to reach the spot you want to staple.

·
Hungry For Death
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blarghity,

Thanks for that information :)

So basically i would get a roll of 4ft x 100+ft landscape fabric, and use the already 4ft cut section for the width of the sections of maze "walls" right? or would you position it horizontally?

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
I would do vertical strips, so if someone trips and falls, they'll go between two vertical strips rather than destroying an entire section of the wall. In other words, sort of like hung wallpaper.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
make sure your 3/4 is sturdy enough at what height you use, thats alittle thin from what we used ...our walls were seven feet high and either 3 or six feet wide, 3/4 would not have been thick enough for support.

·
Hungry For Death
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Screamqueen.

It seems like if I keep the section intervals at 4ft, it might be stronger than increasing it to a six foot section. ~Crosses Fingers~

This year i am just on a budget build because i am going to Vegas for my 21st birthday at the beginning of october. Need to save as much money for that trip xD

·
Hungry For Death
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am online shopping and have noticed some rolls that say 5oz and 3oz of fabric.

Should I be wanting to get the higher Oz of fabric? Its a huge price impact ( I guess lol)

For instance (Same Brand)

3 oz....4'x100' = 49.99 so ~125 for 250 feet

5 oz....4'x250' = 160

1 - 8 of 8 Posts