Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the initial test run of my hangman prop....

YouTube - Hangman Prop

Monsterguts wiper motor with power supply and quick connect terminals. Majority of assembly is 1/2" PVC. Used 3/4" only on the vertical chest tubes and the 2 bottom tees which the 1/2" pipe can move freely to add motion to the legs. I used 2 hose clamps to secure the motor to the pipes and added small wood blocks to keep the motor stationary against the slick PVC. Initially I had used the clevis portion of a sink stopper assembly as linkage between the motor and legs but since it was made of a softer metal it ended up needing to be reinforced with some angle brackets I flatted out in a vice and bolted on. Next step is to glue all the joints, add stuffing, put some clothes on and then build a wooden hangman's gallows which I plan to light up with a small strobe.

·
Registered
648 Posts
CL8N
I was looking for something to use inside an airless kicking body bag.
I think you may have the answer here.
Very nice and easy.
Wiper motors are great aren't they?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ended up buying two of the Monsterguts package deals in a 5 volt ($32.99) and 12 volt ($36.99) Each package included a wiper motor, power supply with power cord and a quick connect cable with terminals. The wiper motors can run at high and low speed. The 12 volt power supply adds much more speed. I am running the hanging man prop with this. The slower 5 volt will be used for my FCG which requires the slower rotation. They have a demo video that shows the difference in revolutions. I may have to buy a third package because I know that another project will require one. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very nice prop! Will you post photos with the clothing/costume on the victim?
Yes, I will post either photos or even video. I might even just put some pants and shoes on him and have the upper torso partially covered in a body bag. And tie some rope around his neck and have him swinging from a hangman's gallows or a nearby tree limb. The wife is somewhat disturbed by the direction my props lead. But someone has to do it. Body bag inspiration from Hauntcrazy.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I am not going to do anything for the lower legs. Mine will be in a body bag so all I need is some kicking action. I am going to get a clear garment bag. Spray about 80% of the inside with white paint and leave the area around the head clear so all you see is the head at the top. And of course add some blood.
This is the effect that I am after YouTube - HauntedProps.com BODY BAG DOUBLE KICKER Halloween Animatronic Prop

1 - 12 of 12 Posts