Halloween Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Dark Lord of the Manor
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found what seems to be an older Halloween Forum map on Frapper, but I did a spot check and couldn't find a single person that I see who regularly posts on the website any more. It seems outdated and overcrowded based on our current active members, so I decided to create my own 2008 Halloween Forum frapper map. I think it'll be fun and cool to see where everyone is on the map and who is near us that we can take a drive and see their personal haunt some time. Please add yourself to the map!!!

Click here to add yourself to the 2008 Halloween Forum Frappr Map!!!

Let me know if you can't add yourself for some reason. I'm the admin for this map and still can make changes if necessary.

· Dark Lord of the Manor
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HH I tried accessing this map today at 9:14 a.m. but got an error message. I would love to post when it is available.
Hmmm, I just went to the map and it looks good. Many have already pinned themselves to the map. Give it another try.

· Dark Lord of the Manor
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hey all, a couple of people's pins seem to have been inadvertantly deleted. Most of them are okay, but you might want to check to make sure your pin is there. ;)

I'm sorry for those of you who haven't been able to get on to the site. It sounds like it's an issue with your browser since most aren't having an issue. You might want to try Internet Explorer to get to the site because I haven't seen anyone claim that it's not working with IE.

· Dark Lord of the Manor
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Added myself. The default map has each dot covering 50 miles side to side and misses some of the folks not in the continental US. Use your mouse wheel to zoom the map out and in. Only by zooming in was I able to see some of the people local to me, since they were underneath my own dot!
Thanks for posting this. I guess I take for granted that everyone is familiar on how to navigate these types of maps. Yes, you can zoom in as close as seeing the houses/neighborhoods, however since this service doesn't allow us to enter addresses, we won't be able to pick out peoples exact neighborhood... just their city. If we wanted to see someone's exact house, we'd have to post addresses and find them on Google Maps or similar service.

Of course, if you can zoom in, you can zoom out as well to get a global view of the map, but then all pins in an area overlap each other.

· Dark Lord of the Manor
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
So, was looking at the original Frappr Halloweenforum map, and Haunted Host is right...hardly anyone posting regularly here is on it.

I ran into an issue with my pin there everyone should know about, though.....

It appears that, while they made a change so you can set your Frappr URL so it's sensible (eg: frappr.com/bayork for me), doing so BREAKS ALL THE LINKS to the pins you previously placed on maps. Because of this "feature", there was no way to edit my pin to update it. My only recourse was to add an entirely new pin.

So if you want to be able to edit your pins on the Maps you are on, be wary of making any changes to your profile settings ...other updates could potentially cause the same effect...
I've been going in occasionally and deleting "visitor" or non-descript pins, so if I see one, I'll blow it away. No worries. ;)

· Dark Lord of the Manor
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Hahahaha!....I am NOT in Zimbabwe, South Africa y'all...just tried to do this with my son distracting me and somehow put myself there...uh.....it won't let me move my pin back to Georgia... any troubleshooting tips for me, Haunted Host? :)
Laurie, I could've sworn I recall you specifically say that you lived in Zimbabwe. You sure about that? :D Goofball! It should let you move it, but if it doesn't, just add a second one and I'll remove the incorrect one. As the map owner/admin, I can delete any pins I want... so y'all better be nice to me. :p Just kidding... why should I hold any of you to a higher standard than my personal friends. :D

· Dark Lord of the Manor
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Okay Laurie. Try this... on the left side of the map, there's a list of member pictures. The very first one should be a generic square that says "Add Yourself". If you go ahead and click that square, it should allow you to add a new pin. If not, try deleting the cookies in Tools>>Internet Options>>General>>Temporary Internet Files first, and then Add Yourself again.

Let me know if this still doesn't work.

· Dark Lord of the Manor
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
maybe when I'm not mad at my husband anymore (don't ask :)) I can get him to help me. :)
:) Oh man. I know how he feels right now. There's almost nothing worse than knowing your wife is totally PO'ed at you. I don't let my wife get away with that anymore. :D Don't ask how though. If I let my secrets out about how I pull that off, the breaking news might get on Fox News In The Morning and ruin it for me.

· Dark Lord of the Manor
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
does it have to be a specific city or can i just say michigan?

also it doesnt want to show the map, just grey boxes sayin 'image unavailable'
I think it has to be a city... you afraid of telling us the city you live it? I doubt anyone is going to come looking for you. :p If you don't want to name your city, just pick an adjacent one. Or do you live in/near Detroit because I've known quite a few people that lived in a nearby suburb of Detroit, but refused to mention Detroit when I asked them to tell me what major nearby city they're from. If you ask anyone from out of town that lives near Chicago where they're from, they'll always say Chicago, but people from the Detroit area NEVER admit to being from Detroit. That's definitely a regional thing that I'll never understand.

The grey boxes and unavailable thing must be some kind of website issue because I got that too and it's normally fine. I'm sure they'll fix it shortly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.