Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think someone was looking for LED purple lights and saw these at Walmart tonight. $7.50 for a 60-count strand. Wiring is black. Rated indoor/outdoor. 15 feet lighted length, 16.5 feet total length.

I bought some last year after season to replace the orange regular mini lights that were on my spooky trees. I wanted to use less electricity with the LEDs and thought the purple ones would be less bright and add more to a gloomy atmosphere. I'm not sure if these are the same as the ones I bought last year but they seem like a nice set.

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
I got several strings of purple LED icicle lights from Target last year on sale. I used them for Xmas. The nice thing is that since they draw very little current, you can string them all on a single outlet.

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
Otaku, good to see this, now if our local Walmart would get off their butts and put out the merchandise already! Need the purple LEDs for a couple of projects. Did you notice if these have a twinkle effect or just a standard all on?

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
They're constant-on, no twinkling. Here's a pic of the side of the house last year. Some of my neighbors wanted to know where I found purple icicles at Xmas. I'll never tell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts