Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know.... I know...yet another projector question :p I was wondering if anyone, that lives in Canada, has purchased one of the projectors from China on Ebay? They all state "free shipping", but is it really? Are there taxes, duty etc to pay? If you have ordered one, which one? They are so much cheaper then anywhere else. I have found a few available in Canada on Ebay, but the shipping costs are more then the cost of the actual projecter.

Thank you for all your help and suggestions :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
It all depends on how they ship it. I buy a lot of stuff out of china and Generally if you can get them to ship via regular mail as apposed to a currier you wont be hit with duty (they always mark it 'gift' and gifts are not charged duty in Canada). that being said for both projectors I have bought out of china they shipped them via currier the duty was an extra $40 or so so it wasn't that bad. this is one that I bought for use in my media room http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Built-in-speaker-4000-lumens-native-800-600-LED-HD-projector-1080P-multimedia-video-projector/579401781.html the other I got on ebay so cant give you a link. I highly recommend the above one you get a very clear image during the day. its also LED so you probably will never need to replace the bulb.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts