Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
In a few weeks we will finally be brining home two female puppys. I'v had a while to think about names but can't decide. Infact I don't even know what my top five choices were in the first place. They are black and white boarder collie/aust.cattle mix's. There so cute and tiny.

Cookie is not an option. lol. So any names you can think of would be great.
Thanks. :)

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Hi HR, congrats on the addition to your family. Well, I have many names in mind for such breeds, although pictures would really really help a great deal.
Let me know what you're looking for and open too, such as: Halloween names, Gothic, vampire, Metaphysical, Spiritual, Romantic, Dark, New Age, Healing names, Mystical/Fantasy, celtic and other old world based names, or just mainstream names.

You don't have to know what category as a given law, just maybe some of the category's that interst you as well as turn you off. And if you know anything about their personalities that would be a great help as well. :)

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
I think its important to have a good name for a puppy, the last one we got was a black chihuahua, I was hangin up stockings for the dogs this year, I know, dont rag me, and I hung his up and it said Spooky on it, I had to laugh,thats not his name now it was changed to Skurvy a month later. I also have a white chihuahua whose name was a no brainer, I am the hugest Nightmare b4 Christmas fan, and Zero, Jack Skellington's ghost dog was so the obvious choice. Then there is Twiggy, a boston terrier, named after Twiggy Ramirez from Marilyn Manson. Good Luck finding a name.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
congrads on the new puppies , show us a pic when you get them home

as an ex collie breeder i can come up with a few but i always like to see the dog or breed caracteristic and temperment before deciding on a name that often will influence the choice , wait till you get them home and see how they are ;)

border collies are very intelligent , outgoing , wore raised in the past years to heard cattles and sheep , their known to be loyal too ...

so 2 names for these little sisters? that come to mind would be feisty and spunky

maybe browse here Dog Names, puppy names - find male or female dog names

good luck with the puppies :)

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! Bella is an 88% chance. As far as personalitys go there only four weeks old so it's kind of hard to tell. They are very smart and loyle but that also depends on how you raise them. There mom is very sweet, friendley, smart and loyal. As far as a catagorie I don't have a prefrence. They should be home in about two weeks so I'll be able to get some pictures then. I googled a bunch of names but most of them seem kinda silly.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Bella is beautiful HR, wonderful choice:)

Wristslitter, I just love all the names you've choosen, Zero was a totally wicked choice:) And I think it's lovely "about the stockings" I spoil my babies on thier birthdays, and especally Halloween. I don't celebrate xmas so no stockings in my house, but I just loved to hear that those who do include their non-human family members into the holidays:) by the way, do you have any pics of them?:)

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have a Border Collie and the words loyal, sweet, and hyper fit her very well, but at the same time, she is such a LADY at times.... (well, I'm comparing her to my german shepherd/red heeler mix, haha) that it's really hard to find a name to fit her.... them. Border Collies, that is. Mine is named Zoey, which is a combo of our sons names - Zane and Joey. (It was to be both their dog)..

Anyways... just think about the characteristics - oh so smart, loyal, (with very distinct personalities....) and come up with some ideas... but I really feel like you can tell their personality at a really early age... try one out for a few days, or a week, then you will KNOW a good name once you get to know them. :D

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Hi HalloweenRocks. Ok these ideas aren't deep or particularly moving but they're the best I can do at this hour.
Luna, Spirit, Amara, Pagan, Aura, Eclipse, Mystique, Zen, Seth, Lucretia, Drakkar,, MOrgoth, Gotham, Mina, Twlight, Dtryker

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Ruby and Gracie! Those are the names Im throwing into the ring:)

Oh and Wristslitter, your dogs really are just too adorable:)

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
wristslitter, your pups are ADORABLE!!!

Halloweenrocks: As for names, I'm not having any revelations. The first thing I thought of when you said 2 females were Thelma and Louise. Not very original :eek:

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
Thanks guys, I bet you all thought I would have pitbulls with a screenname like wristslitter. I like nice dogs. I use to have a pitbull that I rescued , but I soon realized she would never be nice, so I had to get rid of her. I rescued the white chihuahua Zero from the jaws of a pitbull last summer that got in my yard. I had to punch the pit with my fist, that didnt work, so, somehow I was able to pull the pits jaw open...Zero only had some bruising to the neck. Quite a scare though.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wristslitter, your pups are ADORABLE!!!

Halloweenrocks: As for names, I'm not having any revelations. The first thing I thought of when you said 2 females were Thelma and Louise. Not very original :eek:

We actually thought of that ourselvs. :) But thanks for sharing it with us.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Hermione " From Harry Potter"

Scully & Mulder " X Files"

Akasha & Lestat " Queen of the Damned"

Armand " Queen of the Damned, Male"

Isadora~ Means gift of the Moon

Kamalia~ Meaning Like the Moon

Zultan~ Meaning Life Bearer

·
Registered
605 Posts
Bella and Esme. Yes, dang it, Twilght but I like the names especially Esme. When do we get to see 'em??????

Scurvy and Zero are cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts