Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna know, how much pumpkins cost in America? Here in Finland i bought my 1 and only pumpkin yesterday and it was 8,95 euro and wieght is 2,1 kg.

Just curious :eek:

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Not sure how this translates weight and dollar wise, but I have a giant pumpkin around 40 pounds that we paid $15 for. We usually buy several average pumpkins that weigh around 10-20 pounds for $5 each. From what I understand tho, growing the carving/decorative pumpkins isn't as popular in Europe as it is in America/Canada, so they definitely will cost more there unfortunately.

Super Moderator
I wanna know, how much pumpkins cost in America? Here in Finland i bought my 1 and only pumpkin yesterday and it was 8,95 euro and wieght is 2,1 kg.

Just to translate, that's about a 5 lb pumpkin for about $11.

That would be fairly pricey here in the States. Generally, we're about $.25-$.50/lb. (roughly 1-2 euro per KG)

Registered

I really have nothing to contribute to this thread since I honestly can't remember how much I've paid for pumpkins in the past and this year I bought a bunch of fake ones. However, I just want to say it's great to see Finns celebrating Halloween :) I have family who are from the Vaasa area.

Registered
Lots of people grow pumpkins around here, so I can get them cheaply. I usually grow some of my own unusual varieties, but we had a wet spring and I didn't get any planted this year.
I bought some pie pumpkins in bulk at an Amish produce auction. They averaged around 3 pounds, and I got them for 50 cents each. I got my larger pumpkins from a nearby kid's self-serve roadside offering. He has gourds and mini pumpkins 3 for $1. Various sizes of pumpkins range from the aforementioned up to 35-40 pounders (~16-18kg) that cost 3-5$. He has them grouped, and the perfect ones with perfect stem are a little more than the ones with a flat side or a few blemishes.

An added benefit to me-- I have a few hens (just for fresh eggs for our family) and they love pumpkin, so there's no waste after Halloween :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts