Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Pumpkinrot ever web-publish a tutorial on his materials or methods? I mean Pumpkinrot, himself.

So I tried to search the Forums here, and tried searching google, yahoo, etc... But the name "Pumpkinrot" is synonymous with the style - so everyone putting their how-to on line uses his name in the searchable terms. Which means any search gets flooded with false hits.

I swear, about 10 years past, he had a tutorial somewhere. But no one knew his work and I can only assume he pulled it down in the past decade. UnOrthodOx has posted a very comprehensive thread on mudding and mache', and his style is quite similar. But again - looking for the horses mouth here.

Does anyone have a link?

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
Did Pumpkinrot ever web-publish a tutorial on his materials or methods? I mean Pumpkinrot, himself.

So I tried to search the Forums here, and tried searching google, yahoo, etc... But the name "Pumpkinrot" is synonymous with the style - so everyone putting their how-to on line uses his name in the searchable terms. Which means any search gets flooded with false hits.

I swear, about 10 years past, he had a tutorial somewhere. But no one knew his work and I can only assume he pulled it down in the past decade. UnOrthodOx has posted a very comprehensive thread on mudding and mache', and his style is quite similar. But again - looking for the horses mouth here.

Does anyone have a link?

Well, that's high praise I'm hardly worth. I usually try to do my own thing, the only time I actually even looked there for inspiration was last year's Father, specifically going sentinel-esque, but still trying to make it 'mine' rather than a copy.

That said, I think I remember something similar to what you are referencing, but can say if Pumpkinrot himself DID make a tutorial, it was A POST ON HIS BLOG, not something on the wider net.

I think it was to the effect of answering a question on there about how he made things. And I want to say it was during the time frame when he first made the witch lanterns, but that's likely because that's a timeframe I was regularly reading. I remember seeing and deciding it wasn't something I could replicate, so I didn't save the link.

(Similarly, there was an artist that made fantastic corpses with silicone caulking I decided I could never replicate the technique...I'd link, but he's since passed and it vanished)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts