Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Etsy sellers are infamous for stealing peoples artistic ideas, then make cheap crappy knock-offs and sell them as their own. I just came across this post and was furious when I saw it. Not only did they completely rip off one of the most famous scarecrows out their they even ripped off his name:

Cheap Rip Off

Rot's Original

This wasn't the first time this happened. Back a few years ago when Rot was selling some of his early ground breakers another Etsy seller did the same thing. It's o.k. to borrow other Haunter's ideas just give them credit and by all means don't try and make a profit from it....

·
Registered
467 Posts
He's gone and it's a cool design. She listed "Pumpkin Rot Prop" in the title. Anyone that's willing to pay $1300 for a prop, would get the reference.

Hers are different though. I actually like this one better. This design has been on Pinterest, for years by the way.

·
Registered
434 Posts
This is all especially sucky for me, because I showed up here right when this legendary decorator/creator up and vanished. I've seen some of his videos on YouTube. Wicked set pieces, and was particularly taken by their use of the music of Raison D'Etre, being a fan of their dark ambient music for years. Dunno where they live, but the landscape seems particularly suited to Halloween. Like right out of a Ray Bradbury story or something. Or maybe they adeptly brought out that vibe in the videos. I dunno, but it sucks not really knowing much about Pumpkinrot as a latecomer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts