Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
The arms, legs and stem were sold last year for the first time. I think they are a silicone based material and honestly feel so cool and look very realistic to me. In fact the box they come in has cutouts for you to reach in and feel the texture of the parts. GrandinRoad sold a kit last year I think, CVS sold only the arms (9.99 and got mine on early halloween sale pricing for $7something I think), and a few other places were carrying them as well. Some weeks/months after Halloween I was able to pick up more discounted pairs of arms from Meijers where I ordered online and had them shipped. The legs were pretty hard to find. I think I heard Halloween Asylum had all the parts and sold them separately but didn't hear until the legs were sold out...would have like a few pairs of those. They were designed by Villafane but manufactured by another company and even Villafane Studios told me they were having a hard time getting in stock to sell from their site. Hopefully this year the supply problems have been worked out. There are a number of threads and posts about these from last year. If you missed them TK, I'm sure we all know what you were working on leading up to halloween!

I'm sure you can make something like it. The real stuff is very cool though.

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ghost of Spookie, thanks for the review! Yes, I was pretty out of it last year, working on some hair-brained scheme. This year, It's back to props! I'll do some web searching and see if I can find them for a good price. If not, I'll build some of my own.

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just went online and Vampfangs.com does offer the arms, legs, and stems. They also have them all on sale, and free shipping!

Pumpkin Vine Arms - Villafane Studios - $12.99 on sale
Pumpkin Vine Legs - Villafane Studios - $14.99 on sale
Pumpkin Vine Stem - Villafane Studios - $11.95 on sale

·
Registered
99 Posts
Love this idea. Going to take wire, bags and tape and have a few sets for myself. I'll attach them to funkins and set up some silly scenes in the pumpkin patch.

These are so adorable! :) I don't remember seeing these last year in stores.

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
:DThanks for the link....I ordered some from Grandinroad last year, that never shipped, but I did get a set from Halloween Asylum....and I had the great good fortune to have a forum member (jdubbya) send me a couple of sets of hands last year. They are pretty amazing...I actually LOVE them and want more for this year. I carved a pumpkin for a friend of mine and here is the result...a really cool prop, all the way around!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Picked up 2 sets of arms at CVS last year for $5 each. I really hope they stock them this year as well as the legs.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
I ordered some from, crap, I can't recall where, Grandin Road maybe, then ordered the legs from Halloween Asylum? Maybe? I do recall seeing them in CVS & buying them just cuz.

They really do look great though that pic of the pumpkin standing up is misleading. They may be able to support a fake-kin but not a real pumpkin. They're not flimsy but they're just not strong enough to support the weight of a real pumpkin of that size.

This is one of those things that I think I could make easily but then they wouldn't be poseable or look & feel as cool. Plus they're not super expensive, a set of both legs & arms with shipping is usually less than $25-$30 (give or take).

·
Registered
26 Posts
I fell in love with these when I first saw them and had to have them. I had not seen them in any stores in my area, but they are available on halloweendecornmore.com, villafane studios and grandin. The legs aren't strong enough to hold up a pumpkin, as was mentioned earlier, but it states that you should use some type of support. As a longhorn fan, I wanted to make a UT pumpkin, so I found a pair of horns online, ordered them, and created this: DSC08077.jpg :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts