Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd give everyone an update on my pumpkin. As of today, June 8th, my pumpkin is still with us. No soft spots, no mold, nothing. It looks like I just got it yesterday. I bought this pumpkin in either late September or very early October of last year. I love that it is still around.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,154 Posts
That is pretty amazing.

I've got an uncarved fancy pumpkin on our compost heap that STILL hasn't rotted. Those things can really last when they aren't carved, can't they? :)

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
WOW clearly you dont live in Florida:) the heat would have done a number on that pumpkin by now, good for you!

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
Just thought I'd give everyone an update on my pumpkin. As of today, June 8th, my pumpkin is still with us. No soft spots, no mold, nothing. It looks like I just got it yesterday. I bought this pumpkin in either late September or very early October of last year. I love that it is still around.
Sweety, its a fake pumpkin, hate to be the one to tell you, but we all drew straws and I was the shortest, my life story, always being the shortest that is.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
That's kinda crazy! My last good uncarved pumpkin was done for by the first snowfall. Ohio weather could be to blame though as it is hot, cold, hot, rain, hot, snow, hot, freezing, and all in the same day none the less:)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's definitely not a fake. My mom had a Cinderella pumpkin last year that didn't rot until July. I'm hoping this one will last longer, maybe even until October. I doubt it, though. I had a wolf pumpkin last year that probably would've made it this long if I didn't want to get the seeds out of it. I live in Virginia and it is VERY humid here. Disgustingly humid. My pumpkin is kept inside, so the A/C is probably helping out.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hi digbugsgirl. I take it that you have a skin carving of Cindarella on the pumpkin ( as opposed to cutting all the way through to the pumpkin's core)? I guess I can see an AC environment drying it enough on the surface to prevent mold from growing on it. I've made apple head carvings with my son and they've dry out nicely indoors - even in also disgustingly humid Houston. The AC acts as a dehumidifier.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
I almost cant even wrap my mind around this. I had no idea at all that a pumpkin could last that long.

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
maybe you should definatly contact Guiness book of records....

Do keep this updated.....

Dont think any pumpkins would last a week over here.....english weather...!

ruggerz

·
Registered
132 Posts
Im with everyone else-thats crazy insane! It must be possessed by the ghost of Halloween past! Mine dont last but a couple days past halloween. I hate to throw them away but they end up growing fuzzy mold inside and attracting bugs. This year Im growing my own-very excited about it! Congrats on what has to be the longest lasting pumpkin ever!!!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll keep you all updated. I'll try to remember to take a pic so you all know that I'm really not crazy. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts