Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Tattoos are too permanent for my tastes, so I have none to share, but I certainly respect the artistry behind some of them. Personally, I love the style of Killer Pumpkins and think that his works could be fantastic if executed properly (which would be one of my worries).

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,672 Posts
Tattoos are too permanent for my tastes, so I have none to share, but I certainly respect the artistry behind some of them. Personally, I love the style of Killer Pumpkins and think that his works could be fantastic if executed properly (which would be one of my worries).
Yes, another reason I don't have a tattoo yet...besides my insane fear of needles, I am a perfectionist, and an imperfection in a tattoo would drive me crazy forever! I drew a tattoo design for my aunt and went with her to have it done. The artist let me stand there the whole time and make sure he did it EXACTLY the way I wanted it to look. It turned out great. I drew another tattoo for my cousin...I didn't go with her...the artist changed it and ruined it. I cried. I told my cousin that I didn't want her to tell people it was my design, since he changed it so much, it wasn't mine anymore. She loved my design (so did everyone else), but was okay with the new design, I guess, so I didn't tell her just how much I thought it was hideous, lol. I didn't want her to be upset about it, since it was permanently on her, but I wasn't taking credit for that, either, lol. Let's just say, I drew a pretty, thin fairy, with detailed wings, sitting on a mushroom playing a guitar for her...the "artist" took the detail out of the wings (mind you, it was completely easily tattooable detail) and made her look like a very deformed member of the Beatles...seriously...
I drew myself a phoenix tattoo that I had all intentions of trying to get done. I loved it...but then I felt the need to redraw it, then again, then again, then again...after a million drafts (fully done and in color) I gave up. If I wasn't completely happy with any of my tries on paper, I certainly wouldn't be happy with it on my body for all eternity, lol. They all looked good...but my brain is broken and I can find fault in every single thing I draw, build, craft, design...

...now I really want a pumpkin tattoo, lol. I looked up "Pumpkin Tattoo" on Yahoo image search and found several that I loved...all had the vines and leaves along with the pumpkin...one even had pumpkin flowers. That looked awesome, and what I would probably do...if I could, lol. You should do an image search, too, beautifulnightmare, and see some of the cool ones I saw!

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,046 Posts
I have a full sleeve tattoo no pumpkins but do have grim reapers , skulls coffin girl and more :)
I love my tattoos I would have so many more if I had the bucks to put out for them :)

look at the work the person you chose to do your tattoo before getting. eyes make or brake a tattoo

this was my first tattoo

and more of mine

·
Registered
716 Posts
I also was looking into a pumpkin tattoo, but haven't found any that quite tickled my fancy yet. But I do browse Pinterest for Halloween/Horror-related tatts (just about all of mine were inspired by something I found on Pinterest)

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Saki-Girl, who's your artist? My hubby goes to Dee Dassen at Great Southern Tattoo in College Park, MD. It takes months to get an appointment, but she is sure worth the wait! (She was asked to be on Ink Masters...) If I wasn't such a baby, I'd have a couple of pin-up girls too! Oh well, at least I get to pick out his art!

Hazel blurred.jpg

Grace blurred.jpg

He's got a mermaid and skull and cross bones on his "pirate theme" arm, and Bette Page dressed in her iconic devil costume and a severed pig head on his "Halloween" arm. The pig is because we roast a whole hog for our Halloween parties. :)

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,046 Posts
Saki-Girl, who's your artist? My hubby goes to Dee Dassen at Great Southern Tattoo in College Park, MD. It takes months to get an appointment, but she is sure worth the wait! (She was asked to be on Ink Masters...) If I wasn't such a baby, I'd have a couple of pin-up girls too! Oh well, at least I get to pick out his art!

View attachment 245158

View attachment 245159

He's got a mermaid and skull and cross bones on his "pirate theme" arm, and Bette Page dressed in her iconic devil costume and a severed pig head on his "Halloween" arm. The pig is because we roast a whole hog for our Halloween parties. :)
I go to Rich shires he own tattoo 42 I went to high school with him and new he was a amazing at drawing so I was not worried about how it would turn out :) new they would rock

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
it really is all about your artist, finding the exact right one thats your style.. heres a shoulder piece we got for my daughter, her second from this really talent packed studio and i looked for years till i found them. the owner of this shop did a halloween sleeve on a middleaged lady, my age that would make you faint ..shes got over a year wait list. toritattoo.jpg

1 - 20 of 29 Posts