Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All--

I am drying out the pumpkin seeds pulled from my newly carved jack-o-lanterns. Does anyone out there know the appropriate way to go about roasting them? Are there any secrets/spices that I should try?

THANKS and HAPPY HALLOWEEN.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Drying seeds and roasting seeds are two different processes.

To dry: carefully wash pumpkin seeds to remove the clinging fibrous pumpkin tissue. Pumpkin seeds can be dried in a dehydrator at 115 to 120 degrees F for 1 to 2 hours, or in an oven on warm for 3 to 4 hours. Stir them frequently to avoid scorching.

To roast: take dried pumpkin seeds and toss with oil and or salt and roast in a preheated oven at 250 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes.

I always roast mine,but if you want to add spices there should be a recipe on the net for that.
Now when it comes to roasting pecans in the oven,I use a stick of butter some soy sauce and ceyenne pepper! taste great:D

·
Registered
81 Posts
MMMMM sounds good. It's been a while since I've done this. I made this once and left them in too long. They ended up tasting like burn popcorn.

·
Registered
34,922 Posts
I take the seeds rinse them well and remove as much of the pumpkin as possible. Mix them in a pan of melted butter and salt, pour them out onto baking sheets and bake them at 350 degrees, stir them around on the sheet so the moisture bakes off and they cook evenly. Bake til all the seeds are just lightly browned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts