Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am also working on a Pumpkin Scarecrow akin to Spookyblue's great work of the past. However, here is my quandry. I am making my pumpkin by covering a great big pumpkin prop I found at Target. I am going to do the split down the middle and reassembly trick to make the head one piece.

However, here is my quandry. I am putting the skeletal structure together using PVC. My goal is to have the arms and head able to be removable. How can I use a piece of PVC as the "neck" that also is an integral part of the head.

I have thought of using spray foam on the interior of the stem area and then putting the pvc pipe into it and letting it harden. I am not sure if anyone else has run into this problem in the past, but I would appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Thanks.

·
Sculptress of Scare
2,768 Posts
How big is the opening at the bottom of your pumpkin? To save you the trouble of foaming the inside, I'd suggest getting a pvc flange for the pipe and use some epoxy to attach the flange either inside or outside of the pumpkin. Where the neck pipe meets the shoulder pipe, I'd put a wood screw through the fitting. The same can be done for the arms. I attach all my pvc pipe pieces this way and it's worked out great.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will definitely look into the flange. I wasn't sure about how to do this. I want to be able to change out the light inside the head, but wasn't sure how to keep the support for the head without doing something permanent with the pvc pipe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts