Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am placing an air cylinder underground and am looking for a pumpkin prop to mount on it for a pop up. There are several out there. Anyone own or seen one that you would recommend? The 12' pumpkin guy is on his way but I don't think it's going to be appropriate for my application. I would prefer a prop over a mask but could make due with a mask.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi Russell! I was just at WalMart and I saw a few Pumpkins. They were made of light weight foam but seemed to be easily mountable. Several different sizes. Some had smiley faces and some with mean faces (like me) JK!
Also different colors. The prices were great!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I am placing an air cylinder underground and am looking for a pumpkin prop to mount on it for a pop up. There are several out there. Anyone own or seen one that you would recommend? The 12' pumpkin guy is on his way but I don't think it's going to be appropriate for my application. I would prefer a prop over a mask but could make due with a mask.
I got this one at spirit last year
image.jpg

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Halloween stuff isn't really out yet in my area so I'm having to go by pictures on the internet since I'm too impatient to wait. I figure a combination of these three (purchased but haven't arrived yet) should do it. But now I'm liking that head pictured above too. I'm guessing there are going to be spares up in the attic before I'm done. I'm also waiting for Dave to come down and dig that 4 foot hole.

gotthese.jpg

·
Registered
176 Posts
LOL, Russell, I flattered you think I can that hole for you.... I barely started using tools, LOL!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Step 1: Wish there was already a hole. Had to put up the crowd control fence to find out where the hole goes. I've never set up anything in September before.

pumpkinStep01.jpg

·
Registered
181 Posts
i dont know about you, but my wife would KILL me and put my body out as a decoration on halloween if i cut a hole in our grass.

what are planning to do between now and next year? fill the hole in and dig another, or cap the pvc pipe with a green cover?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL. I'm not sure how but the wife lost that fight a long time ago. I'll probably take the air cylinder out but the pipe will rest comfortably under a valve box like my strategically placed compressed air and power supplies. I hope I'm still alive when somebody buys this house.
centralAir1.jpg
centralAir2.jpg

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Status: I dug the hole, burried the PVC pipe, and ran wire and air to it. The copper air line would not fit inside the sprinkler valve box with the 4" pipe and I didn't want to go with the next size valve box so I concealed it with a sprinkler head. Dave, are you keeping an eye on my hole?

pumpkinStep02.jpg

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hahahaha!!! And there's my morning laugh! A great way to start the day, buddy. Yes I'm keeping up the pole progress :)
I'm looking forward to seeing the final results. I hope it turns out as good as I picture it. By the way, little boy zombie Russell is expected to arrive today, via UPS. I'll start work on that prop tomorrow. I'll email you the video and see if it meets your standards. Then I'll post it on the boards.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Woa is me --- The 4' cylinder I had didn't pop up fast enough for me so he ended up a foot shorter. I got the hole with air, power, and audio run underground to it but running out of time to build the actual prop. In my head he popped up, head turned, arms and legs move, sings show tunes, then blast off into space. As of right now I only have a pop up with sound. Where does the time go? I was popping up a selection of heads and took a video of one (arms and clothing were optional for this test). http://www.snydercentral.com/tmp/pumpkin1.mp4

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ferryman's Wake is right - the whole prop should be underground - I'm going to need a bigger shovel.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts