Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for me one of my favorite parts of halloween is going to pumpkin patches. And, this week all of the ones in my area begin opening. We have some amazing patches nearby, anyone else excited for the patches to open?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I love the pumpkin patch. We usually don't go until October, mainly because I think it just feels better going in October, you get more of the fall and Halloween feeling and mood then. The thing I love about pumpkins is that when you carve them they can add so much to a display. Last year we made a path up to our door with them and they looked great.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Oh yes, I love to go to our local pumpkin patch. They have a lot of activities and a corn maze, and you get to ride in a hay wagon through the pumpkin patch to pick out your pumpkins. It's a nice way to spend a fall day. A carved and lit pumpkin is always exciting to me, and I love the smell.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea I love the smell too :). I also love to cook the seeds with some nice seasoning. I normally make about 5 trips to the patches over October picking at least one up each trip.

·
Registered
291 Posts
i love the feel of the squishy insides of the pumpkin when scooping out the guts. lol
Pumpkin patches are all the more inviting to me now that i have kids. my mom was telling me about some place in salem, MA where once a year anybody and everybody can pick their own pumpkin, carve it, and set it lit up on this high hill so that the entire hill shines with pumpkins. it sounds absolutely fantastic to see.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I drove by a walmart Friday afternoon and they had a very nice display out in the parking lot with straw bales, mums and pumpkins. Fall is here! I love it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts