Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,218 Posts
did you varnish the inside too? I heard one should varnish the inside, but not sure how to do it. I love your style and painting style. I used the same the 3 colors in that order, but looks nothing like yours. I think you need a good artistic hand too which you obviously have. Well done! loved it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I made the pumpkin by using a blow up beach ball and coating it with paper mache strips. When dry I added a layer of paper mache clay and while still wet, carved the scroll work into it. Infortunatly I didnt take any photos of the prosess of making the pumpkin, but I used the same princaple as Stolloween's pumpkins.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I painted the inside with acrylic paint in yellow.Turn the pumpkin upside down onto a bucket. There is a hole in the bottom of the pumpkin that is large enough to put a brush in. then you can varnish if you like. I haven't varnished the inside of this one as its for an indoor display. The trick with the painting is to have a dry brush when applying the acrylic paint. Also don't water down the paint, use it straight out of the tube. And only use a very small amount at a time. Build it up gradually. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Candee. It took me around 1 week to finish ( including drying time) I love making props for halloween. I've nearly finished my next prop. It's a witches couldren. Using the same principles as a bottomless pit. Just need to start the seccond layer of the paint job then I done. Photos to follow!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts