Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes you come across a deal that's just too irresistible to pass up regardless of the fact that you have no use nor intention for it. That's exactly what happened to my wife at the after Halloween sale at a local Target. She saw that they were selling those plastic Jack-o-lantern trick-or-treating pails for a mere .10 cents each. So impulse took over and she grabbed two cases. Seems reasonable until you realize that each case contained 36 pails each. 72 plastic pumpkin pails total. What in the world would I do with all of those? I posed the same questions to fellow haunters on Facebook and actually received interesting responses such as a pumpkin tree to a giant beaded curtain! What would you do with them? Here's what I did. Lighted pumpkin pillars for my midway sign.

IMG_2102.jpg
IMG_2413.jpg
IMG_2403.jpg
IMG_2408.jpg
IMG_2330.jpg

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone and your more than welcome to Hilda. So what would have you all made with these things? Just curious.

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Thanks everyone and your more than welcome to Hilda. So what would have you all made with these things? Just curious.
Thank you. My FB friends will go nuts over your project.
You now what I love about how you used them... Is that they are so cute and such an iconic item, that when people enter your haunt (which I assume is scary), the pails naturally create a safe and fun (warm and fuzzy) feeling in your visitors and then WHAM you can hit them with a good scare. LOLOL

I have not made anything out of them (yet)... but I do scatter plenty of them around for a whimsical 'pumpkin patch' feel.

Cemetery (22).jpg

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,099 Posts
I think you have the perfect use already. :)

However, I think that the first thing that would have come to my mind is our large tree in the front yard....it usually has witch jars hanging from it, and something creepy parked at the trunk. However, I think using the buckets as lanterns and suspending those while lit, and forming a single column of them (lit, of course) around the trunk would make a nifty Halloween tree.

A very rough idea might look something like this:

Pumpkin Tree.JPG

·
Registered
71 Posts
My wife's uncle made a Pumpkin Tree for his yard. Just like a Christmas tree start with a round bottom of pails, and work your way up, he lit each one with a light, and rope light around it. It was 14 feet the last time I saw it. MASSIVE!!! I love your idea, something I would try myself, but I'll have to wait til next year, since 2013 clearance is all gone. :( :):)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts