Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello There,

Very new to this forum but I have a problem going on with my Pumpkin Nester Prop. :mad:I plug him in and he does not activate as normal. I then unplug then plug him back into the wall and he activates. Seems as if only unplugging from wall then plugging back in activates him. Any ideas of what could be wrong? Any conclusions are very much appreciated. Would like to get him working before Halloween.

Thanks,

Jonathan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's actually not new. Have had it. I'm considering opening him up but not sure what I'm looking for or if he can even be fixed. Works when I unplug then plug in. Will not work if just left plugged in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Perfect. Great suggestions J-Man. Out of town but will try when I get home. Thanks for reaching out and trying to help by the way. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So J-Man, this is motion activated not photocell. Sometimes when I move the cord it activates. What do you think?

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
What does the sensor look like? I'd be surprised if it's a true motion detector. Moving the cord points to a bad cord or connection but it's really hard to say.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What does the sensor look like? I'd be surprised if it's a true motion detector. Moving the cord points to a bad cord or connection but it's really hard to say.
Hey again J-Man. So the sensor looks like a plastic circle with a protruding smaller circle that exposes a small hole. I took the cover off the electronic component that controls the pumpkin and no loose cords or connections. If it wasn't working at all then I would just chock it up to broken but because it works sometimes when I plug it in and out has me stumped.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
That doesn't sound like a motion sensor, more like a photo cell. Shining a flashlight on it doesn't work?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts