Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every year since I was a kid my town has a pumpkin hunt. The city dept. hides 100 little pumpkins all over town (street corners, etc.) they have a little tag attached to them. When you find one you get to keep it and you take the tag back to a party at city hall and you get a bag full of goodies for the kids. It is a riot and so much fun.

They also hide one great pumpkin and they put five clues in the newspaper to find it! This year it is Saturday before halloween. Can't wait!

·
Registered
597 Posts
That sound cool, I know I would participate in such an event. Sometimes I wish I did not live in a big city just so I could enjoy such events.

·
Registered
668 Posts
oh that sounds like so much fun. What town do u live in? I would love to live somewhere like that.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Great idea by the Corning. Back in the days (20 years ago) the little town in Western NY that I lived would open up the fire/rec hall to the Trick or Treaters and have dougnuts, cider, and games for the kids. Unfortunately, the town decided to end this tradition years ago. It's too bad for the kids these days, it was always something to look forward to when I was younger. Still it is refreshing to see that there are some towns out there that still do something for the kids on Halloween.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The pumpkin hunt sounds awesome. I wish they would do something like that here. I live in Natchitoches - The City of Lights....they are ALL about Christmas here. However, they do shut Front Street down Halloween night and let the kids TOT at each of the stores. Front Street is right by the river so they always have something happening on the riverfront for the kids too. So I guess that's nice.

Great idea by the Corning. Back in the days (20 years ago) the little town in Western NY that I lived would open up the fire/rec hall to the Trick or Treaters and have dougnuts, cider, and games for the kids. Unfortunately, the town decided to end this tradition years ago. It's too bad for the kids these days, it was always something to look forward to when I was younger. Still it is refreshing to see that there are some towns out there that still do something for the kids on Halloween.
The town I grew up in did the same thing. The firemen would always setup a small haunted house for the kids to go through too. For whatever reason they have also stopped doing it. Sad.

·
Registered
163 Posts
That DOES sound like fun! I think I might contact our city as well and recommend it. I know my kids (and myself) would love to particpate! Thanks for sharing this!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Sounds like a nice outdoor party game. When we see our final count on kids for this year's party, I may go ahead and try to throw together something like this - thanks for the info!

·
Registered
100 Posts
My town had something like this last year. They had clues on the radio. I havnt heard anything yet tho.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
That sounds cool! My town uses the local athletic field to scatter hundreds of black/orange easter eggs filled with candy and then the kids show up at dark with flashlights and find them. I have collected a tote full of the eggs!
Last year the town planted corn in the cemetery and held a haunted maze. Someone complained about it being disrespectful so I assume that is why we now have an indoor haunted house this year instead....good thing with all this rain!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Oh this is an awesome idea, to incorporate hunting into Halloween! I may suggest this for our kindergarten Halloween party! Each kid could find pumpkins instead of eggs with the letters of their name. I LOVE YOU PEOPLE!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts