Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pumpkinrot inspired sentinels

Just got done with my first paper-mache project ( building 3 Pumpkinrot sentinels) - happy with how they turned out so far :)

Anyone have suggestions on what I can do with a 2' pumpkin (made that out of a beachball)? Thought about a "Welcome" carving - but seems like a waste.

Thanks for the suggestions - will post more photos as I progress.

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Seems like we are both attempting the same thing. Maybe use your extra one for a crawling pumpkin (pumpkin standing on 2 vine arms.)? I saw it on pintrest and even though it was huge I would think a 2' would still be awesome.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,976 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wow! You're pumpkin looks amazing and that body looks like it's going to be awesome! Looking forward to seeing the rest. Great job :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
14329262466120.jpg

I sprayed my with rubber aerosal (like Plasti-dip)..lost some texture - but again took like 30secs a coat and was a breeze on the inside of the head.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
14329262693410.jpg

Painting was just cheapie acrylics from WalMart - dry brush popped the texture from the rubber / papertowel layers.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
14329270116350.jpg

2 more to paint.

Plan on trying to build some tree/branches using 3/4 conduit to suspend the head/bodies from. Would then use that same conduit to run my electrical for lights.

·
Disney Inspired
840 Posts
Looking great! I like the beach ball approach. I did a paper mache pumpkin a couple of years ago, never again... now I make my pumpkins out of foam.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I use a Pose-n-Stay skeleton and the make new hands. I'm going to bend/paper mache' 3/4 conduit for the "stem" :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts