Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a ton of pumpkins last year and made circuit boards with Trinkets. I can share any details if interested.

I actually did not mean for this to be in tutorials yet, if someone can move it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to be doing a Funkin Small Giant within the next 3 weeks, we will document the entire process here.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm particularly interested in the "circuit boards with Trinkets" for the candle flame like glow!
The process is not too bad if you have ever soldered before. The programming part is pretty basic also. I did 14 or so last year and had the entire thing down to minutes. The longest wait is making them waterproof. I take two part super clear epoxy to cover the boards so moisture cannot get in. I will have pictures once I get going this year. The effect is just like in the video.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks just like this, but I started putting the LED array to the top of the pumpkin, instead of the bottom. Notice there is a wind like effect ever so often? That is programmed in and very much random.

·
Registered
530 Posts
It's a really cool effect. We have a lot of pumpkins I'd like to have a the candle effect in and this looks like a good long term investment for that.

I was looking online but don't find any step-by-step instructions on making them. I'm sure I could figure it out, but with HW coming up soon, it'd be great to give a set of directions to my teenage son and have him bang these out!

Looks just like this, but I started putting the LED array to the top of the pumpkin, instead of the bottom. Notice there is a wind like effect ever so often? That is programmed in and very much random.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I made a ton of pumpkins last year and made circuit boards with Trinkets. I can share any details if interested.

I actually did not mean for this to be in tutorials yet, if someone can move it.
Wow!you did an amazing job. I wouldn't be able to stop watching.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just giving an update. The first Funkin came in busted and now the second came in busted. They are sending out a third, sorry for the delay.

·
Read Only
1,348 Posts
I too am interested in a tutorial. We have a long line of pumpkins that light up the walkway and stairs, and I've wanted to tie them all together for years, but worried that if they all flickered in unison it would just look weird. So, here's to learning how to make that happen. :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well as soon as Funkins sends me a non-busted one I will get to work. My neo-pixel knock offs are also still on the slow boat from China, but they should be here within a few days.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts