Halloween Forum banner

Pumpkin Creature HELP

7K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Therewolf 
#1 ·
I want to build a creepy pumpkin creature and please post pictures of ones you guys have made.

Also who's pumpkin creature is this? I want to know who made this because I want to contact them. I want to make a similar creature like the smaller one on the photo

Tree Plant Adaptation Environmental art

See less See more
#5 ·
Yea, but mine is not a true sentinel. What Kev is looking for is info on building the gangly, creepy twisted thing with a half pumpkin head and vine like body. Mine just used a few parts from the sentinel to create a creepy scarecrow/pumpkin king. I thought it might be useful to him to see my version of the arms and guts. Somebody chime in and link Kev to a tutorial or two on building sentinels.

#10 ·
I don't know whose pumpkin creatures those are Kev, but I have some suggestions on how to make them. There are fake carvable pumpkins called Funkins. You could carve one for the head. Or, you could get a large balloon and paper mache' a pumpkin head. For the arms maybe sticks, plaster gauze, tinted silicone for texture.

#12 · (Edited)
The one on the left in your picture, I'm not sure who made THAT one.

The standard construction is a PVC frame body and various methods to flesh it out.

THE ORIGINAL as far as I can tell, however, is unfortunately lost to the ether when skull and bones went offline. He called it a pumpkin creeper. I've contatced him about any pictures and have had no answer.

Hilda links to a couple of mimics floating around.

I have taken the bifurcated look with real pumpkins since 2010.

I actually had some mini creatures in 2010, but my camera decided to suck it up that year, so pics suck.

Since 2010, I've encorporated the bifurcated look into my fence, always an annual hit.

This year, I'm working on a full sized set of creatures myself, something of the ugly stepchild of these and a sentinel. I'm hoping to get a lot of work done over the next couple weeks.

http://www.halloweenforum.com/gener...st-unorthodox-2015-theme-open-discussion.html

#16 · (Edited)
That is funny. Hadn't seen that before, but always wanted to rework one of the jumping spiders with the pumpkin.

IIRC Years ago there was one of the big animatronic companies that had one.

I can't remember who did it, but skull and bone had a drawing/design for a groundbreaker version and SOMEONE on here made it, just don't recall who.

#17 ·
:)^I've seen another one of these guys somewhere, I just can't remember where.:eek: I like your version UnorthOdox, especially how you made the head. Really clever fabrication and a very cool tutorial all the way around.:D

#22 ·
I want to build a creepy pumpkin creature and please post pictures of ones you guys have made.

Also who's pumpkin creature is this? I want to know who made this because I want to contact them. I want to make a similar creature like the smaller one on the photo

View attachment 239323
I believe that the forum member you are seeking is 'Radu'.

This image turned up in a forum post referring to their yard haunt on October 11th, 2013....it can be found on that date, in this thread.

There is also a web site that appears to belong to the same forum member that can be found here.

Best of luck!

#23 ·
I believe that the forum member you are seeking is 'Radu'.

This image turned up in a forum post referring to their yard haunt on October 11th, 2013....it can be found on that date, in this thread.

There is also a web site that appears to belong to the same forum member that can be

found here

Best of luck!

You are a life saver thank you

#24 ·
Performance Light Lighting Visual effect lighting Neon

Basically a scarecrow with a carved pumpkin head. It a real pumpkin re carved every year. I've done both artifically lighing, candles, and my favorite was green fire inside the head. there is a cut off paint can "neck" attached to the top that the pumpkin sits down over. this allows the use of different fuels to light the head. Body is an 8' tall 2x2 cross frame. Used old Tomato cages to form chest, arms and legs. Wrapped the whole thing in burlap and stuffed with Straw. It gets better every year as the burlap ages and rots a bit, needs some patching this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.