Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang!! Well, in one of the many Halloween magazines I have bought this year, I saw a recipe for Pumpkin Cookie Dip in one, that just looked, unique, tasty and pretty! LOL I do not like pumpkin much, but wanted to try it for my party.

I bought the ingredients last night, along with 3 types dippers/cookies - Nilla Wafers, Ginger Snaps and Graham crackers.

I whipped it up and brought it to work - to let my coworkers try it and be my guniea pigs!! I must say, I LOVE this dip!! Even not being a big pumpkin person, it's got a mild pumpkin flavor and its sooooo yummy!! So far, ginger snaps are running #1. However, many do not like that they are so hard. So, running a close second, is Nilla Wafers.

Here's the recipe - it's so easy!!

1 brick cream cheese - softened
2 jars marshmellow creme
1 can packed pumpkin
cinnamon to taste (I sprinkled in probably a 1/2 tablespoon worth)
optional: nutmeg, ginger, orange peel

It says to mix the cream cheese and marshmellow together. Then fold in pumpkin. I just threw it all together and blended until smooth Took 3 minutes to make!!

For the party, I'm going to serve in a hallowed out pumpkin.

Enjoy! :D

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I made it without - thought I had nutmeg and ginger, but didn't. Not sure I'd like it with the orange in it.

Oh, the reviews also said it was good with apple slices too!

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
YUMMY!!! This would be good at Thanksgiving too! Oh gheesh - tug o' war with my zipper is certain to escalate. . . :eek:

·
Registered
248 Posts
How about gingerbread cookies in a fun halloween shape? Is it stiff enough that you could make cookie sandwiches with? I'm definitely trying that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
mmm this sounds so good! I think I will try it out this weekend - thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Oh this is lovely...I'll have to suggest it to the madre as something to have out for our open house on Halloween with apple slices or, perhaps...oatmeal cookies. :D I like the idea of serving it out of a hollowed out pumpkin too.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Oh yummy...this sounds like a good dessert dip!!! I will make some homemade cookies to go along with it and thegingerowl, I am going to serve it in a pumpkin also! :)

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, it would be good to make sandwich cookies with!! And oatmeal cookies is a great idea!! and the Scooby Doo Snack bones would be so neat too!! Ya'll are so creative!! :)

Let me tell ya - that recipe makes a pretty big batch too! It was just SO fast to whip up and it stores in the fridge good too - make it early in the day or night before a big bash.

:D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Oh. Yum. I am definitely making this for my party!!!! Thanks for posting this BevAnn! I wonder if it would be good with those chocolate animal cookies or some other kind of chocolate cookie?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mmmmm... can't wait to try it!

What size can of pumpkin did you use? I think it comes in 15 or 16 oz. cans and 29 oz. cans. Not sure of the exact ounces though.

Maybe the smaller can?

Also, what size jar of marshmallow creme?

Almost anything with cream cheese in it is tastey. This recipe sounds delicious!

Thank you so much for posting this.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts