Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could use a little expertiese on this one. I am building a throne for my graveyard. I have the chair and decorations 'mostly' put on already but am waiting to finish it once this fog is figured out. I have a simple fog machine and would like to pump the fog into some sort of toobing so that it will be released in various areas on the chair. I have placed skulls in the hand grips and shoulder areas and would like to get the fog to come out of the 4 skulls. Is there a way or means to acomplishing this? What kind of toobing should I be looking for. Obviously it needs to be bendable, it needs to be able to have connections / joiners that can divide the smoke into 4 pipes and the ability to connect to a 'hot fog machine' output. Anyone tried this before or have any good ideas?

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,758 Posts
My neighbor just threw together 2 fogging cauldrons this weekend. Used a cheap Target fogger and plumbed the whole thing together using black shop vacuum hosing. Ran it from the fogger to a "T" fitting and then to each cauldron. Worked perfectly and looks really cool. I was amazed how fast the fog gets there through the tubing. almost instantly.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've never done it before, but I'd think that some of that plastic tubing in the electrical aisle at HD or Lowes would work... make your own Ts and branches and just stick it all together with duct tape...

·
Registered
238 Posts
The problem with PVC is that it isn't flexible. If you don't mind building in some right angles and 45's, PVC would be a great choice. But if flexibility is a requirement, I'd suggest checking out the flex tubing at your local building superstore. It's clear, and it comes in a variety of diameters. But it would work well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I use 1" rubber hose (it was free) for a cauldron. Also use black flexible 11/2" tubing that's used for sump pump discharge hose, (very inexpensive Home Depot/Lowes)
Just need to leave about 2" space between the fogger nozzle and hose or tubing. Heard that here. Thanks folks. It does work better that way.
I think it creates a draft in the tube.

I found, If there is a low spot in the length of hose, (mine is about 12 feet), condensed fog will tend to accumulate there and need to be drained. I need to do that once or twice a night. If not the tube clogs up with water/juice.

Anyone know how to prevent that? Removing the low spot is not a option.

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,758 Posts
I use 1" rubber hose (it was free) for a cauldron. Also use black flexible 11/2" tubing that's used for sump pump discharge hose, (very inexpensive Home Depot/Lowes)
Just need to leave about 2" space between the fogger nozzle and hose or tubing. Heard that here. Thanks folks. It does work better that way.
I think it creates a draft in the tube.

I found, If there is a low spot in the length of hose, (mine is about 12 feet), condensed fog will tend to accumulate there and need to be drained. I need to do that once or twice a night. If not the tube clogs up with water/juice.

Anyone know how to prevent that? Removing the low spot is not a option.
couldn't you just drill a very small hole for the fluid to drain ? Doubtful it will affect your fog flow ? :confused:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ya know sometimes you just have those "Duh why didn't I think of that" moments...
There's mine. Been picking that dang hose up to drian it for 2 seasons now

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you go the PVC route, I would recommend adding a heat gun to your tool arsenal as you can use it to add complex bends into pipes if your are careful. Another thing I do with my fog chillers is to place a Y fitting at the input and place a fan in the angled section and the fogger output on the straight side. This not only provides more constant flow, but also adds a draft to keep the fog from condensing as much inside the chiller. Just make sure your fans are not too powerful.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have used PVC for a lot of projects; it can be bent into different shapes if you heat it. I use a paint-striping gun to do this. Now if you do this think of how you are going to shape the PVC because it will be very hot and you will need gloves.

As for the low spots and drainage, I drilled a hole in the lowest point that I could and screwed in a Christmas (brass) tree adaptor and hooked it to a tube to drain away form the prop.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hmmm..I'd never even considered bending PVC! Every time I've ever needed to bend anything, I've used either flex tubing or copper...but the concept of bending PVC (in a well ventilated area, kiddies!) is brilliantly simple, and it gives me a great idea for next year!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great ideas everyone... thank you. Looks like I have once again found a good reason to head back to Home Depot!! :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
When bending PVC, I found for complex bends it is best to heat the pvc and make the bends by stretching it around your knee. I usually do this before it gets really soft. If you try it several times while heating, you will find that you can bend it with out it really being mushy or collapsing too much. With practice, you can get some great bends for things like shoulders in a stalker....

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
OK here is what I'm hoping to do I want a short crypt so as the TOTs walk past they get fog shot at them.
OK I had a 23" tall rubber Gargoyle that didn't last fro ever (I had it from the early 90'S)
1007005.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
after setting the garage through winter and summer it was in really bad shape. so I cut the head off. Then; I thought if this Dyer lent vacuum kit.
dryerlint.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
and it fit on to my FX lite Fogger with the nozzle removed. and the other end fits the mouth. I'll post pics soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts