Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my Halloween decorations all up. Was in the middle of building a new prop (and posting photos) when I had to suddenly pull my decorations and cancel Halloween this year. It broke my neighbors hearts to see me remove them early this year but I had a personal and very painful loss and can't do it this year. I am going to miss Halloween this year but I hope I can make it better next year.

Has anyone else had to pull decorations for any reason?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

I almost had that happen this year. My father-in-law, whom we live with, suffered a stroke in the middle of October. Not even a week later after being sent home early from the hospital (that doctor got an earful) he had a grandmal seizure just as I was cleaning him up for his evaluation from the homecare nurse who coincidentally was walking in the door. It was amazing timing. The nurse took over while my fiancé called 911. He got rushed to the hospital code 3. When we caught up with him at the hospital he was intubated and unconscious. There was several days of wondering if he was going to survive this or not.We really thought we'd be planning a second funeral in nearly as many months. Luckily, it was like the seizure knocked everything back into place that the stroke took out. He's currently in a rehabilitation center working on getting back to thin liquids and solid food and being able to transfer with minimum assistance and improving every day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts