Halloween Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my input about whether or nor allowing kids to see nasty, gory movies at home is something that should be allowed to do or not?
The phone calls over the years have run like this:"Oh,MY child won't be afraid in your haunted house, they constantly watch those kinds of movies."
Then they arrive, I open the door,and guess which kid screams and refuses to come in the door?
That Kid who watches all those gory,nasty violent movies!
There might be quite a leap from the safety of the glass tube versus the reality of ab actual big,scary, strange door opening and an odd man comes out from the old spooky looking haunted house.
Maybe those aforementioned movies just open up nasty possible scenarios for the much too young mind?
The next question might be then, is this a good or a bad thing,or terribly bad thing, or possibly damaging experience?

· Registered
7,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a true story concerning this house which involves an entire family being murdered. The Father shot them all,the wife,the two kids,then himself.
This did not happen in my house but 4 blocks straight down Carroll St. from here.
The odd reason i began mentioning the old murder from 1940 began when a psychic said a 14 yr.old ghost-girl with red hair ran passed him in my front room.
The Family that owned and lived in my house had two daughters who had red hair. The murdered Wife in the garage 4 blocks south of here was the one daughter.
The other reason I began mentioning anything concerning the event was because one October people's GPS'es were taking people" left" instead of" right" to my house"left" took them to the murder scene.
"Turn Left three blocks",my house is turn Right and go one block.
I certainly don't tell this story to any child because some kids pick up and then" run" with some scary story,unbeknownst to the parents often times.
I would be very ill if I made a child wonder if/when? His Father was going to shoot and kill them.
Haven't many of us held some irrational dear from our own childhood?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.