Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Halloween lovers!
Here are my pics for this year's display. I'm working on the video that I'll post in the moment I finish it with light effects and some people scaries.
One person dressed like a police guided the TOT's thru the yard telling them the Psycho story (with a few adittions like the cemetery) and at the end, the TOT's had to take take their candies inside the bowl that Norma Bates corpse had between her "dead" hands...
Before they leave, the could write in the guestbook I place in the entrance.
I thought that since I built the office table, with the keys board, the lamp, an old radio, I could place a book too! I'm so glad about it, a lot of them write beautiful things about my yard.
A real size Bates Motel replica (some of you guys saw the DIY process in this thread:

http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/143028-bates-motel-psycho-related-haunt-yard-brainstorming-ideas-please.html

A shadow display of the epic shower scene, a cemetery and a living room with Norma Bates corpse with a candy bowl in her hands. You dare to take a candy?

Welcoming pumpkin
12.jpg

The sign welcoming everybody!
1.jpg

Bates Motel sign
2.jpg

The motel and the lamppost next to the office desk with a guestbook
3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Roof detail in the office set
15.jpg

Living room set (details)
RETER.jpg

Office set and guestbook
IMG_1663.jpg

Office set details
IMGgujhl1663.jpg

Writting!
I3.jpg

Bates Motel at night, I love how it looks!, one of the lamps was blinking
8.jpg

Bates Motel at night
9.jpg

Crime scene at the cemetery. I wanted to reuse my old headstones so I made it up this set
11.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Mother! Mother! Oh! Blood!
6.jpg

Norman! Norman!
7.jpg

I'll be uploading more pics and the video in a few days, and some signatures TOT's left. You had to see those little kids writting!!! Adorable!
Hope you like it. Every comment and opinion are welcome! :D

Pics in my album: http://www.halloweenforum.com/members/ohs-albums--psycho-haunting-yard-2015-a.html

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
I loved the Psycho movie with Anthony Perkins and have been totally enjoying the current A&E Bates Motel so your haunt is right up my alley. Would have loved to have visited it myself. Really nice job with the build and little scene touches, very nice detailing there. I'll be back for the video for sure.

I was interested to read that some of the kids took the time to write in your Guest Book. We did a Brain Research Center this year and I considered having a Patient SignIn clipboard or Center Evaluation Card. Thought maybe they could sign in with their costume "name" (didn't want to really keep track of actual names) and age and Rating of the Center--thinking feedback for how successful the theme was and what worked and didn't. As it was, hubby didn't think the kids would sit for a Brain Wave transfer with a gorilla prop, but they did--in quite a large number, but I canned the idea of the sign in fairly early on. Based on how popular the Experiment was and the verbal feedback from parents and kids, it might not have been necessary but still think it would have been nice to look over. Hearing your experience with the Guest Book I'm thinking the Patient SignIn could have been utilized too. Thanks for mentioning it. What were some of your favorite comments?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks a lot Ghost of Spookie!! I love "Bates Motel" series too!!! I'm an addicted hahahaha before I start to watch it I was afraid, you know, place in modern times, some things new, a half brother but when I finished the first episode, I couldn't stop it! Hahahaha I saw four episodes in a row...(we can talk in private if you want to discuss about the series, I'll be glad!)
I'll post pics of the writtings :) of course. I gotta go now, I'll respond about your haunt yard later, I've been seeing the monkey too :) Love it!
We talk!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks a lot Ghost of Spookie!! I love "Bates Motel" series too!!! I'm an addicted hahahaha before I start to watch it I was afraid, you know, place in modern times, some things new, a half brother but when I finished the first episode, I couldn't stop it! Hahahaha I saw four episodes in a row...(we can talk in private if you want to discuss about the series, I'll be glad!)
I'll post pics of the writtings :) of course. I gotta go now, I'll respond about your haunt yard later, I've been seeing the monkey too :) Love it!
We talk!

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
We talk!
Don't want to divert your haunt thread so I'll just say when the new Season starts in 2016, please join in on the weekly discussions in the Horror section. There are a number of us who already participate pretty regularly each week, but it's always more fun when more join in to the discussions. It's been fun seeing how they've taken the show and there were plenty of initial doubters too.

See ya' around, and great job again!

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
It all looks outstanding! I've not seen anyone replicate the Bates motel before, so that is definitely groundbreaking work.

Mother turned out great, too! She's super creepy looking.

Fantastic job!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks! I think that too, the details are the most important part to give live a haunt. When I was building the motel I thought "Ow, I think is pretty fake", but when I started to put signs, curtains, lamps...everything changed immediately

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Neither I!
When I start to think about this year theme I searched through the forum to see if someone had done something about Psycho, and I was shocked nobody made a display of one of most famous suspense-terror movies ever.
Yeah! I'm glad of mother costume, I wished I had more time to improve the details but I think I get close to the movie mother :)
Thanks a lot!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
What a cool concept! Love the idea of having the tots leave comments! So interesting to see what kind of reactions they have.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts