Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Years ago we were the first to put up a yard display. The only reason we did it was to keep TOT's out of a large dirt burm running from the house to the street. ( sewer work ). Then we were the first to put up a walk threw haunt. Now I'm proud to say that I see stuff, good stuff, popping up all over town. Not just spider webs on porches, full front yard grave yards! It's totally cool to see folks putting an effort to make this holiday a great one for the TOT's. Even know some folks doing a party and hay ride. Hopefully one of these years I'll be able to put up a haunt again. For now I'm enjoying everyone else's.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
That's encouraging. I think more folks are into decorating somewhat for Halloween. In our town, there are some resepctable yard displays too. Having stores like Kmart, Tatrget, WalMart, Spirit, etc, that offer outdoor decor at fairly reasonable prices also helps. I know over the years many people have asked us where we got our stuff, and aside from the home made props, we tell them to go to these stores and pick up cheap tombstones, ground breakers, foggers, etc.. just to get a start. Little do they know what a sickness it is and how much stuff they will accumulate! Halloween is alive and well, in spite of the sometimes negative press it receives.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I must have missed something....WHY aren't you doing a haunt anymore?
Our little town always has a flash light egg hunt in the dark,then last year they started putting scarecrows and cornstalks with twinkle lights on the street lamps. This year they planted a corn maze in the cemetery and they drive you to it on a haywagon only they call it a haunted trail for some reason!?! There has been one complaint about the disrespecting of the cemetery so far :(
Hopefully all this will get more people going all out too!

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I must have missed something....WHY aren't you doing a haunt anymore?
Right now I don't have the help I need to pull it off. Plus with the way things are going at work I my not get home till way after everything gets started. Or worst have to go in at night.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Sorry about the work situation, pute, but priorities, you know.

Anybody who's done these things for several years will remember how little attention Hallowe'en used to receive. I used to have to RENT a fog machine back in the 1980's. But these days there are Hallowe'en trappings everywhere. Nice to hear about your "Small Town".

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, I'm pretty proud of them. Was thinking about waiting a bit longer and drive around to see how many are lit at night. Still think it's cool these folks are doing things for Halloween.

If things work out I might throw a few things up around the door and walk. Will have to see how things are going at work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts