Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all... I've had a somewhat successful week of acumulating various bits & pieces from craigslist!

Last week, picked up a Chauvet 2000s Technostrobe for my lightning effects!

Products » Techno Strobeâ„¢ 2000S | | CHAUVET® Lighting

Also got a pair of really decent 19 watt wireless speakers for a song! They work awsome and I can use them for my regular patio all year round!

Managed to find 2 foam wig heads. It's amazing how hard it is to find these when you want them! LOL

Now I'm just in the process of arranging to pick up these fantastic 2.5 ft tall palster pillars:

View attachment 4799

And this 18" Pillar. I can't wait to add these to my cemetery!!!

View attachment 4800

PS. I've also managed to finally pick up a copy of the Gamecube game; The Haunted Mansion and can now play it on my Wii whenever I need a more interactive Halloween fix!

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Really nice finds! Sometimes things are hard to find but sooooo worth it when you do find them and also for a great price!

MsM

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.. still searching! Hoping to find some sort of cemetery columns for cheap cuz I'm not sure if I have time to make my own! LOL

Time will tell!

·
Registered
90 Posts
So far the only craigslist find I have is my two headless Freddy Kruger bodies.
Great find.
Got them for free and they make perfect dummies.

I keep checking and there is one good deal for some Halloween stuff right now, but various issues have kept me from taking advantage of it, though the deal is still there and guy has lowered his price. Maybe next if all is in alignment for once.

I am really looking for a wood or vinyl garden arbor right now for a project I am working on, but I've only seen one good deal on those I it went fast.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I picked up this Cellar Dweller new in the box from Craig's List. It was originally $59.99, but I got it for $10!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Skulin, nice score!

Kooka, I hear ya! I've seen so much slip by me just becasuse I couldn't act on it at the time! In fact there's this ad on right now here in Vancouver that keeps staring me in the face:

Movie Props & Displays for sale

I did go and view all the items and I sooooooo wish I had a bigger budget this Halloween (don't we all?)! I really, really want some of the professionally made Tombstone they are selling. They were amazing looking... from about 2 feet away and farther, you can't tell they were onlly made of wood, the paint job was that good!

Then, today I find exactly what I was looking for as per my last post; 6 foot wooden hollow columns! But they was far too much for them. They're white and were used for a wedding and I suppose they are trying to get some of their costs back. :OP ....sigh! For that price I will just make my own!

Oh well... the hunt goes on!

PS. nobody wants to get rid of pink or blue styrofoam for free on craigslist! Now why would that be?!?!?!? Hehehehehe! :OP

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ooooh... Obcessedw/it, awsome!!!! Oh what we all could do with manequin torsos!! LOL

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update...

OMG, OMG, OMG....

OK... so I think I've found someome who's selling 9 sheets of 2x8 foot blue foam insulation that's 3 inches thick!!!

So far as I can tell they only want $30 bucks for all of it!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

That would be so cool! I can't even find 3 inch thick in Home Depot!

Wish me luck!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sigh.... so they went and sold the blue insulation to someone else and never actually returned my phone calls initially. :O(

Such a lost opportunity! Oh well... I'll be keeping my eyes out for more!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts