Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Michael Myers mask that I am trying to fit to my head because the mask is too loose on my head. I am looking for ways to PROPERLY fit the mask to my head. Heard that foam and a low temp glue gun will do the trick but I am worried that the glue may deform the mask. Also I am looking to customize the mask a bit more with some paint (open to other custom ideas also) and am not sure what kind to use so it looks nice and not like crap. Also need a way to tie/string up the back so it doesn’t shift while walking around. One more thing. My mask needs more hair on it any ideas on what to use for hair. THANKS!!!!!!

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
wear a stocking cap/beanie underneath. That will help fill out the mask if its too big and that will also stop the flopping around.

An airbrush is ideal for shading masks, but if your good with a brush you can get some good results that way as well. Acrylic paints work well.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Your mask always needs to fit properly.

If you need to wear a beanie cap with it, mark that cap as "part" of the mask.

I use a soft foam to fill the mask to my face. Takes a while to cut and fit, using
tape. When it fits to my satifaction, I use a quick dry silicone to finish. Prefer
full head masks for myself.

Two things I need in a mask...it has to fit and I need to be able to see well.

As to hair? Depends on what kind of hair you be needing.

I've been known to cut up a nice womans wig for beard.
And I've used the (dyed) strings from a mop for hair before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts