Halloween Forum banner

Prop Timers

Electronic/Software: 
2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  azdude 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Does any one have suggestions for affordable prop timers?

My setup usually has allot of people milling about, so pressure mats or motion detectors are not effective (especially motion detectors, it tends to never go off due to activity)

Are there timers that run for 20-30 seconds, shut off and restart again 1 - 2 minutes?

Thanks allot

The Doctor

#8 ·
I would also recommend Velleman Multifunction Relay Module, Model: V-K8015 you need to be able to solder the components on the board but it only takes 15 minutes to put together. Once you assemble it you can configure it easily to accept a trigger, which will latch a relay (switch) for a user specified period of time, and then remain off for another user specified period of time. Additional triggers during the off time are ignored. This Circuit has 14 different operating modes so if the one I defined isn't what your looking for there are 13 other possibilities . The configuration once built consists of flipping a few (dip) switches and holding down a button to set the time outs. I have a bunch of things running my props, especially useful when used in conjunction with motion detectors where you don't want the prop to re-trigger until a group has moved on. I just bought one this year for $20.00, just do an internet search for distributors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.