Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
004.jpg So, I got to looking outside at my mother's dilapidated picnic table, and thought a corpse's picnic . . . what a cool idea. Fit the umbrella with creepy clothe, throw some gory looking intestines and body parts on the table part and build some zombies to go around it. I'm good with the pvc pipe skeletons, and was thinking of papier mache heads. . . I was just wondering if anyone had some good papier mache and paper clay recipes, maybe some ideas I could add to this concept?

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
50/50 water and glue. I use napkins or paper towels.

You could also do a creepy little girls tea party.
but the first thing I thought when I saw it was a carousel.

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
Yes, it is kind of the perfect setting for any Halloween display. I always like my characters to have a table to sit around, be they cowboys, pirates, zombies or clowns. Yours is great!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I couldn't for the life of me remember the formula. . . But I haven't dealt with papier mache since elementary school, and that was 20+ years ago. Lol

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! I thought with the broken down seats, it might be fun to have some of my zombies falling as they attempted to sit. . . Kind of a George A. Romero meets Buster Keaton (or Charlie Chaplin) sorta thing.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a bad idea at all. . . . close as I am to Fort Knox could hit some of the older army surplus stores and see what I can find. . . Also pretty close to a couple of year round Halloween stores. . . May be a fun field trip

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like a good concept. I would prefer high quality masks rather than the paper mache but then again, I'm not an artiste.
I'll actually be playing with whatever medium pops in my twisted little mind, but I'm in the process of working on a papier mache head, I'm pretty pleased with so far. although he won't actually be in this particular section of my yard haunt. . . He'll be in my "Something Went Terribly Awry in the Hills" section, which will kind of be my personal tribute to "The Hills Have Eyes", which will have a backwoods twist on it. . . So I guess it would actually wind up being "The Hills Have Eyes" meets "Children of the Corn". . . Should be interesting at any rate. . . Lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
I love the condition of this table. When I first saw the picture I saw the table as some sort of torture table with seating around it for others to watch. Love the picnic Idea but I thought I'd throw out my first thought as well. :) can't wait to see the finished product!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you may be on to something there. . . may be something to work into my Edgar Allan Poe theme I'm working out for a future haunt. . . maybe my "Pit and the Pendulum" theme for one section. . . mayhaps the Spanish Inquisition seated around? Definitely something to toy with

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you. I'll be sure to hunt that up, would perhaps produce a superior product to a simple paper ball approach and a less labor intensive one as well. The clothe is a good idea as well.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay, so I'm just getting back from visiting my niece, who took me to me to Books-A-Million, and I run across an old childhood favorite that I just had to get (and yes this is going somewhere, I promise ;)). That book happened to be Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. . . then it hit me. . . LIGHT BULB! So now, the zombie picnic I'm thinking is going to be more like a section for which I can write my own "scary story" for. . . I can build scenes for the various preexisting stories and add my own as I go. . . This is going to be sooooo fun!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts