Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
I bought my latex on ebay for somewhere around 35 us google mask latex and you'll see a few companys that sell it.they won't ship to me in the winter though afiad of frezing but in warm area prob ship year around.and glue guns seem to be all the same just look at the wattage; 80 watts is good.

·
Registered
725 Posts
How thick / layers do you have to go with the mold maker? I have been experimenting with it a bit, but so far I have just made wrinkled up pieces.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The stuff is pretty thick but we tried several methods out on the skull so it ended up with a few layers which was plenty. First we stretched a panty hose over the skull head and then sliced the panty hose in a few places to give it the "hanging flesh" look and then coated most of it with one layer of the mold maker. Then we put a thin layer of the stuff on our granite counter top and let it dry - then rolled it up to form some "dangly" stuff and stretched that over the skull as well. After that we dipped some cotton balls in the latex and threw then on as well. Here's a pic of the skull somewhere in the process before we put any of the stain on. It doesn't look that great in this picture but when we were all done it looked great.
View attachment 3438

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have bought a few different brands of latex but the 2 I like the most is Cementex and Some from Body Bagging.

Body Bagging is a forum member and they have a great company. I highly recommend them.

The glue gun that I use is one that has a high and low switch and it can also be unplugged from the gun and go cordless for the hard to reach places. I think I bought it at Hobby Lobby.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts