Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I go to Big Lots, and look at other selections of Halloween merchandise, I always wonder about the Orange and Purple "Christmas-style" lights for Halloween. Are there specific prop-uses for these or do people mostly string them up like Christmas lights?

I think some people use the orange ones plus a mister to create a hot glowing coals or cauldron effect. Wondering if there are similar prop-specific uses for the purple ones. They're not UV, right? Just purple.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The purple ones are not UV... and not very bright either.

A friend of mine at work just gave me about 10 packages of brand new orange sets and a few purple ones... I need to know some more uses too!

In the past, i have taken a string of orange ones and put them in the bottom of my bbq grill, and put bones on the grilling surface and had it as part of my display. Quick, cheap prop!

I also ran a string up my stairs to the bathroom at my halloween party... When people asked where the bathroom was, i said follow the orange lights up the stairs!

You could take an old christmas tree, paint it black and make a halloween tree?

I plan on using another string under my cauldron creep, to act as glowing coals like you mentioned...

Anyone else have uses for these?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh how I LOVE my purple lights! I use them in the back of my tombstones to give them a eerie purple glow effect throughout my graveyard. I also buy the autumn leaf garland at the dollar tree and spray paint them black, then I wrap the lights with the garland and hang over doorways or porch railings. I cut branches out of trees and zip tie them to the metal green fence stakes, then wrap the lights on each twig or branch to make a spooky tree. You can even use orange on these too. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Oh how I LOVE my purple lights! I use them in the back of my tombstones to give them a eerie purple glow effect throughout my graveyard. I also buy the autumn leaf garland at the dollar tree and spray paint them black, then I wrap the lights with the garland and hang over doorways or porch railings. I cut branches out of trees and zip tie them to the metal green fence stakes, then wrap the lights on each twig or branch to make a spooky tree. You can even use orange on these too. Hope this helps!
Those are some great ideas FF! If you don't mind, I'd like to borrow a couple of them
HM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts