Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fellow Propaholics,

I have EMailed back and forth with a few of you about this concept recently and there seems to be some interest.

I am pretty s-l-o-w at typing. And thought it would be simple and easy to have an evening where those of us with a webcam, or at least a mic, would be interested in doing some discussions about Prop building. Skype, as many of you know, has a video mode and an audio-only mode (for those whom are camera shy). For conference calling, Skype will support a conference call (audio only, however) for up to five folks at a time. So, my thinking is to have a few interested folks all talk together (long distance, I am sure) for free since Skype uses your computer. Even just for 1/2 hour on a Sunday and discussing how to make a certain type of prop, for example.

BTW, I have a Logitech 9000 that had some of the best reviews, is High Def, Zeiss optics, awesome echo-canceling mic, blah, blah, blah... and luv it.

So, if anyone is interested, just shoot me over a personal EMail ([email protected]) with your Skype account name and I'll start a list. I have two names already.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Thanks for the info. I am on hold for a while. My husband had open heart on Good Friday. I have been pulling my hair out since. I will try to keep up with everything. Best of luck. Skullie

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
I have skype and a prop chat sounds like fun.
Need some ideas for the cylinders and for my theme this year.
I sent you an email.

MsM

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I am on hold for a while. My husband had open heart on Good Friday. I have been pulling my hair out since. I will try to keep up with everything. Best of luck. Skullie
Thanks for your reply. I hope he does well. At least we know he is seeing well enough since his other surgery. His rehab for his chest is heck, but he'll need to do exactly as his cardiologist advises.

Best wishes to you both - Bill

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have skype and a prop chat sounds like fun.
Need some ideas for the cylinders and for my theme this year.
I sent you an email.

MsM
Sounds great! Will keep in touch with info.

Doc

·
Valkyrie Of Halloween
2,435 Posts
Will keep you in our prayers, Skullie! My hubby had cervical spine surgery the Friday before Valentine's Day. It has been slow but he is getting better by the day. I hope the same for your hubby!

Hey Doc, that sounds like fun. Sunday nights are usually pretty tame around here, so keep me posted on a date. Maybe after Hauntcon?
Val

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sounds great

Hi, that is a great idea, so I would also be able to talk to you all. I'm a propaholic from Germany, unfortunately I have to pause by now, because money is going out. But it would be great to give and receive some ideas. I hope to be back in business with halloween soon. - Grrrr - **** money!!!

The Doc and I tested skype for some times and normally it works great!
And there are over 6000 km between us!!!

Lets do it!!!

Hellowinnie:D

P.S.: I started searching for a free and english skype addon what'll enable skype to support multiple persons in one conference (skype native only supports a videoconference between 2 persons). I'll let you know if I found a good one.

Hellowinnie

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
this sounds cool.
I just got a laptop from my love for my Birthday this year (when I had knee sugery). and I am learning a lot about it. this would be fun

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wonder if multiple people hosted up to 5 people where 1 of the people is hosting 5 people we may be able to extend it? any one know if this would work
Ooohh...cool idea and concept. I haven't a clue!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this sounds cool.
I just got a laptop from my love for my Birthday this year (when I had knee sugery). and I am learning a lot about it. this would be fun
Be sure to shoot me over an Email and I'll try to get things lined up for us all to chat.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm on Skype also.
Too bad it won't let you conference more than five people at a time.
Be sure to send me an Email Dave. I think we are up to about 6 folks looking at the list I have now.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi

Sorry but there's no possibility to cascade the number of participants - or I don't know a possibility. But by now I'm testing a free teamspeakserver via another website we create (so far it's only a test - but we'll be able to host up to 500 participants - unfortunately only audio by now - but that's the only free possibilty I found) and the best is - none has to install any program - it's all hosted on a server and anyone can use the webinterface.

Hellowinnie:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts