Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helloooo everyone. I just thought it would be a good idea to start a prop reliability thread. This is where you can warn others of a poorly made prop or perhaps maybe a very well made prop. For example, my Hannibal Lecter Gemmy Prop has proven to be very reliable as i've had him since last year and haven't encountered any problems. My Jason prop however, broke fully within my first week of getting him. No returns accepted since I bought him after Halloween :p

·
Registered
253 Posts
bad luck on your part, mine has been working for the last 2 years no problem...was yours a demo?...never buy a demo without accepting the risks! they are way overworked and have kids mess around with them

·
Registered
170 Posts
My Jason is still holding up well but my gemmy Witch and Donna the Dead both crapped out. My gemmy Pirate only has one eye lightining now to, which is why I think I'm going to just stick with static props from now on.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i know this is off topic from props...but do not buy that expensive Batman costume...i paid just over $400 for that and it was CRAP, very cheaply made...returned it back to buycostumes

·
will rest in peace.....
653 Posts
Well, I have a Gemmy Freddy that I got on sale after Halloween a few years ago and its been used alot. If you look at the bottom of his head, the plastic is cracking up and little pieces are falling off. Does anyone know how to stop that? I also have a Donna and Jason and they are both holding up well, ive had them for 2 years.

Edit: I forgot to mention a couple props, The Fortune Teller Zultan. He hasn't let me down yet. And finally, Spazm (I think thats his name), this is probably one of my favorites because I got on an incredible deal and he sure is creepy when you see him shaking in a nice dar room with stobes

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the Gemmy Freddy and Leatherface. Freddy's arm broke the first day when I was trying to pose it, so be careful with that. Leatherface doesn't balance very well and as a result fell forward breaking a peace off of the chainsaw and its kinda wobbly now. Also, last year I bought a pop up grim reaper(can't remimber the name) from spirit halloween and it didn't last the whole night of halloween. One more...I got the "Gaurdian of the grave" prop last year and it just doesn't do anything very well at all. It comes apart alot and just doesn't work all of the time......I'm hoping for better luck this year.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Jason prop was supposedly brand new never opened in box. :p I guess yeah, I just had bad luck. He was an amazing prop when he worked. I'm definitely getting Michael Myers this year. He reminds me of Jason very much. I actually like Michael better, well from the videos so far. He looks extremely realistic.

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
Interesting reading about what works and what fails (sometimes right out of the box!).
If you've had a good or bad experience with a certain prop, I would highly encourage you to write a review of that product in the Product Reviews - Halloween Forum section and use tags so other haunters can quickly search for and find that product.
If you have a question about a certain product, you can also post it here.
And don't forget to rate the merchants you've dealt with in the Merchant Reviews - Halloween Forum section. We all want to know!

·
Registered
574 Posts
This thread is a good idea. I bought a gemmy type scarecrow at Menards a couple of years ago. It looks pretty cool, but the audio is very poor. Sounds like he slurs his words.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have a Gemmy Witch w/ cauldron, she's three years old and fell over at least three times from a height of about 18" off the ground. You would think that I would learn. Anyway she works great, no problems.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Last year, I bought the Crawling Girl and she still works great. This year I bought the Beheaded Bride and the Ghastly Gentleman and both have worked better than I expected. However, I believe in getting my money's worth so I only plan to activate them during my Halloween Party and for the TOTs; plus a few demos for my friends. In total I will probably only operate them for about 8hrs total this year. Gotta' make em' last.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts