Halloween Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Going bump in the night..
3,389 Posts
Live in the desert!

Seriously though...what kind of prop or props are you worried about?

Latex paint, polyurethane, automotive clear coat, clear spray paint are all commonly used materials for outdoor props.
Keep in mind, all of these coatings are going to leave some type of finish, whether it be a high gloss, or as matte as they can make it - but it will stiffen cloth, possibly have an effect on latex rubber (or other rubbers), it could deteriorate foam if the wrong sealer is put upon it.

I think you'll get a better answer if you can give us a better idea what you're trying to protect.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I make a lean to and cover it with a outdoor billboard signs. You know the billboard signs are large banners except the electronic ones. They are black on the inside and ads on the outside. A neighbor works for a sign company and gives me a few each year. My haunt is a walk through yard and I create "rooms" for each display. They are separated with landscaping fabric and only open on one side. If you want a open display then these won't work but all my displays and props are dry. If you want more details let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts