Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious what everyone thought was the prop of the year this time around? I think everything of significance that has been announced has been released. My vote is for the Home Depot Headless Horseman and it did already sell out so it was in high demand. But what's your favorite prop of this year? Any store, and really any item...it doesn't have to be necessarily a huge prop.

horseman.jpg

·
Registered
586 Posts
I liked a lot this years props. I only picked up 1 big prop, the sabretooth cat from HD, but really liked a few more. The huntched werewolf from HD and the rocking chair witch are both cool.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I agree with you on the headless horseman, although I did not get one. My favorite one that I bought was my NBC inflatable with Jack, Sally and Zero. Those home depot dragons look awesome too.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Simple as I am, the Big Lots skeleton goat was the one thing I saw and HAD TO HAVE OR I WOULD DIE.
...I got it today and I love him.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Too early to pick, Party City hasn't released Pennywise yet
I don't have very high expectations from Party City....They are following Spirit Halloween's formula of mainly focusing on costumes with not much exciting in the props dept....That's how it's been for several years now in my experience....My expectations are so low I didn't even check in on my last Halloween rounds on Friday.....It didn't used to be like that....They had those giant hanging creatures with big hands coming down at you, full sized tombstones and creatures, etc.....ZR

·
Registered
14,231 Posts
HD’s HH is really very nice. For me what I’ve most appreciated seeing as a prop this year is OT’s skeleton mermaid. Sold out twice now. Finally a life-size mermaid (I know, if there aren’t mermaids how do you know what is life size). No having to cut apart skeletons and figure out what to do about her lower fish body and tail.

I also will add that I’m impressed with the 7ft. Winter Dragon I got from Shindigz. Impressive size. Lit smoke (from fogger) from his mouth and I simply love that his wings flap. While I truly admire the sculpting of HD’s dragons and they are beautiful pieces, I prefer something that is more menacing and has movement and less statute like. The wings really did it for me and he’ll tower over most ToTers too.

Two very different price range props.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Neat stuff from Home Depot for sure. I also was very stoked to get Target tombstones. It took a few years but I converted my entire graveyard to resin.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to agree with HD Halloween props. I really want to get the rocking chair witch to go along the one I already have and The Wolf . He doesn’t do much but his size is great to have outside Halloween night. Also liked their canvas for inside decor.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If I was changing my theme I would go with the Home Depot dragon stuff. I love that dragon! Either that or the Jack and Sally from Spirit. I saw them the other day and I thought they were awesome. Enough so that I seriously considered changing my theme for the next couple years. That being said, I do like building my own stuff...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts