Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres some quick night time shots of some of my outdoor props. As learned from this knowledgeable forum, lighting makes the haunt.:)

·
Banned
524 Posts
Very cool props I will like them.

In the first picture are your porch lights on? On the other ones in the yard you might get a better effect if you pull the lights back some so you get more of a wash and shadow. The only problem I see is they are to close so you are getting a hard wash instead of a soft wash. Or maybe try dimming them a bit, otherwise it looks great.

Maybe in the second picture put the floodlight behind the tombstone that is on the right and shine it at an angle so you are hiding the source but see the wash.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies...you are right in the first one the porch light is on...I plan to turn it off on halloween night for a better effect. I will try your advice and pull the lights back alittle and try for a more washed out effect. The photos do make it a bit harsher than it really is however.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the compliment, Texan 78. Yes, the props are handmade on chicken wire and pvc frames. The white witch, however, is an older, I believe Don Post prop, I picked up years ago. The other life size props are usually the costume I wear the year before to scare the tots. I then retire them, and make them into a pvc prop. Usually,pretty amusing when I hear the repeat trick or treaters say, I"Iknow which one he is this year!" and I jump out in a different costume. Makes my night. I have a few more that I haven't put out yet.....waiting till this weekend.

Heres two more, close up:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts