Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any good prop building books at barns n nobels? I build almost all my own props and I use the forum for how toos on alot of them but I'm dieing to get a good book. I am planning to purchase the new book that has been talked about the past few weeks, but for now they arnt for sale at barns n nobels and I would like to get one tonight.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Not to be a newbie here....wait I am a newbie here but what would be the point? I'm not against books but there is so much online about making your own props that any book would just be a rip off/collection of those ideas. There is also more detail available in most how to's online than you could do in a book, unless that book only contained 10 projects or so.

Between the monsterlist, youtube and other sources there are enough projects online to keep one going for a life time.

Although if there is enough interest from haunters in a paper bound version of haunt projects then give me a few months, I have internet access, a printer and a stapler! J/k!

·
crossfit zombie
7,491 Posts
Not to be a newbie here....wait I am a newbie here but what would be the point? I'm not against books but there is so much online about making your own props that any book would just be a rip off/collection of those ideas. There is also more detail available in most how to's online than you could do in a book, unless that book only contained 10 projects or so.

Between the monsterlist, youtube and other sources there are enough projects online to keep one going for a life time.

Although if there is enough interest from haunters in a paper bound version of haunt projects then give me a few months, I have internet access, a printer and a stapler! J/k!
I myself only have the how to haunt your house and really enjoy sitting on the couch to read and re-read it.I also utilze the online resources but have to print them out to read and yes re-read.
And sometimes a book brings accross ideas that you haven't thought of before or came across before.
To halloween j don't have a b&n so don't know about what books they offer.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Hey now! Don't laugh! lol, I have tons of print outs put into a binder... someday, someday I shall make everything I have in there!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Instead of Halloween prop books, I would check out the library for books on building theater sets, props, etc.... I am guessing that many of the tips in those kind of books can be modified for our diabolical purposes....

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
I have the Prop Builders Molding and Casting Handbook from WAAAAAY back (prior to the interweb stuffs, actually bought it from the highschool back in the day...), as well as the Theater Props Handbook.

Both are well written and informative, but both are a wee bit on the outdated side. (written in the 80's, of course they are). I still thumb through them for little tidbits I recall reading in them.

I've been considering the mask-making handbook by the same author.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts