Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a cauldron creep in the works for a couple of years now and am reluctant to cut or drill holes in the metal to make connecters for the motors. Anyone in the Roch. area on here willing to lend me a hand? I've given up on family members who all can't seem to figure out why I waste my time on this stuff. I'd even be willing to travel to Buffalo if need be and maybe we could work out some kind of trade/compensation for your trouble. Thanks.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
why reluctant...afraid you'll drill in the wrong spot? you will, ...then you drill another until you get it right. If it's drilling in metal in general, get a vice and clamp the metal down, then get one of those sharp thingies...I think they're called scribes or punches and bang a little divot in the metal to start the drill bit. I haven't ever seen two creeps that look exactly alike, so the likilhood of the measurements someone else uses for the mechanics on theirs matches what yours are is slim. It's a cool prop to have so ya gotta go for it.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah. I've become pretty adept at fixing my screw-ups from experience. Haven't overcome my fear of a lot of power tools. I've learned to do a lot of things that I had no idea how playing around with Halloween stuff. I even replaced some of the moldings in my house from learning while making props. Picked up a few painting techniques and mudded and sanded my kitchen ceiling when I replaced it. But I'm downright scared of grinders and drilling holes in metal. Can't seem to overcome it and and have no one around anymore to shadow me and walk me through it. So he's all cut and painted, have the motors and cauldron but he's still sitting in a box in my garage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts