Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just made my first witch/goblin out of a wig head. Do your guys have any tips for improvement or making it look more realistic?

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,507 Posts
I'm impressed! I personally think it looks great as is!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank ya. I'm debating mailing into a culdren stirring witch or making a foam body and making a goblin body

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I decided to go with a goblin and built a body. Before latexing it so u need to fill in the gaps or just latex or glue and paper towel a skin overtop?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Body was chicken wire stuffed with paper then covered in expanding foam. Legs are PVC covered in foam. I have been taking pics along the way and will a bunch once I get it finished

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Body was chicken wire stuffed with paper then covered in expanding foam. Legs are PVC covered in foam. I have been taking pics along the way and will a bunch once I get it finished
My paper towel and glue wasn't sticking to the foam so I just covers his body in paint. Hopefully this will be a good base for the glue/latex to stick to!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I only have A litre if latex so I question if I will be able to do his body. Would mixing it half and half with paint work to. Build his "skin". I'm thinking of using it with either chess cloth, paper towel or cotton.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So here is the current status. I painted him darker green earlier today then just did wash with watered down black. Tomorrow I will dry brush a lighter green to further highlight skin textures and go find some furry fabric to make him some furry fabric of shorts. Also picked up some fingers for a necklaces ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Next steps. Add some strangely hair and a finger necklaces

Next will be his furry loin cloth

·
Registered
237 Posts
looking at the photos, I'd paint the finger necklace more or a flesh color,the color it shows on my monitor,it looks like hot dogs around it's neck.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree. I was thinking it looked like a bunch of chilli peppers. Ill give them another coat with more of a flesh tone tomorrow :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
looking at the photos, I'd paint the finger necklace more or a flesh color,the color it shows on my monitor,it looks like hot dogs around it's neck.
That is what I thought also - but then after thinking about it I imagined that a severed finger might swell up and change colors. Maybe paint the fingernails different.
You have done a great job on this prop !

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank ya. Maybe painting the nails and every couple fleshy will work. I also picked up some dark brown furry fabric to make him a loin cloth :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts