Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something I put together tonight on Powerpoint. I have built several of these, and thought this might be a GREAT prop for folks who want to start with a simple, non-powered prop, to give their Haunt something interesting. There are a million designs for this I'm sure, and a thousand variations of each, but this is how I do it. Enjoy!

PS - Play with the tension on the bungee cord to get it just the way you want it, play around with different tensions and see how it affects the performance...

View attachment 6422

Reactions: cinemafreak

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have a question what is the hinge and eye hooks for I don't quite understand the concept of why it is necessary. Probably a silly question but sometimes it just doesn't sink in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
heads up... no pun intended here but when putting a bag over head idea, make sure the bag or pillow case is a light color. We made an inflatable hangman and had it up for years with a dark green scarf over it's head then one day one of our neighbors said to us: "do you really think it's right to hang a black man from your tree?" Needless to say we explained and changed it the next day.

·
Crunchitize Me Cap'n
1,654 Posts
Maybe make myself one or two of these sometime. Perhaps not this year, but next?

·
Registered
2 Posts
heads up... no pun intended here but when putting a bag over head idea, make sure the bag or pillow case is a light color. We made an inflatable hangman and had it up for years with a dark green scarf over it's head then one day one of our neighbors said to us: "do you really think it's right to hang a black man from your tree?" Needless to say we explained and changed it the next day.
I was thinking the same thing - I have a few neighbors in my neighborhood that probably wouldn't take too kindly to -any- color person hanging from a noose in the front yard :) :p

An excellent idea, though! I registered just to see the instructions. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
The hanged man has become a hurtful symbol to some in recent years. Even the word "lynching" (which has always made me think of cowboys, outlaws and western justice) has taken on a racist tone in many people's minds. It makes them think of hooded men on horseback and hate crimes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts