Halloween Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not a tutorial -- I have a new flexible foam prop that I developed. I want the eyes to light up on activation and also to add a dimming effect. I would like to know if anyone has any experience doing something like this? My plan is to embed a 1" diameter, spherical casing with an LED bulb into the foam. Then wire that to a power source and control device. I am undecided on what type of power source to use but I would like my creature to be able to run off of battery. I am also unsure of how to add the dimining effect. Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions? I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
183 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
I didn't know the Cowlacious eyes have been out of stock that long. You might want to email Carl and see when he'll have more if you're not going to go the DIY route. As an electronics project, this is pretty easy, but I got my set a few years ago before I knew how to read schematics and put circuits together.

I recorded a quick demo of the circuit and put it up on Photobucket:
Fading Eyes Demo

This is small enough to put the board and the battery into an old Altoids mint tin, and then tape inside the creature. Remember to line the inside of the tin with duct tape so nothing shorts out.

Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.