Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Bringing the Dead to Life
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I came home today to find my dog, Tyson chewing up one of my Blucky skulls. Not sure how it happened, but he got it nonetheless. Now, Im not too upset, because it's only a cheap blow-molded skull with deformed eyes, screwed up jaw and misplaced neck, but it got me wondering if anyone on here had a pet/loved one/stranger unknowingly or knowingly destroy a prop, of physical or sentimental value. Please share any stories! (Pictures follow, of course).

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
Give that dog a bone!
Big improvement on the blucky skull!! Looks a lot creepier now.
A few years ago I had made some FCG skeletal hands using "Rigid Wrap" which is a mache type, plaster coated cloth material.
They were painted flourescent green and ready to use, but one night my daughter's cat decided to "eat" a couple of the fingers on one hand. (This cat eats anything.)
I was able to repair it, luckily.

·
Registered
495 Posts
does giving away props count. I moved and had to unload a bunch of cool good props for free.

I guarantee that won't happen again!

-PB

·
livin Halloween every day
1,988 Posts
Well never had a prop damaged yet but i had a couple punks tear down part of my haunt one year. Unfortunately for them i was standing right behind them and watched them do it. Needless to say both of the offenders were physically shown the error of thier ways over and over again. Unfortuantely the police were called and the haunt got shut down for the rest of that week, but it felt great putting those turds in thier place.

·
Shiver me timbers
1,265 Posts
Wow, what did you do to them? (Yeah I know you said needless to say)

Needless to say both of the offenders were physically shown the error of thier ways over and over again. Unfortuantely the police were called and the haunt got shut down for the rest of that week, but it felt great putting those turds in thier place.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,854 Posts
awwww, that's a cute puppy! Good dog for making it look better! :p

We've been lucky so far. The cats mostly just take over the clean clothes basket, but one of them attempted to use my mummy as a scratching post.... till it nearly fell over on her. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but I agree it looks much better. Your dog's a Boxer right? I have 2 of them that are 3 years old and they chew everything insite when we leave them home alone. I don't know what I would do if that ate my Halloween stuff. Most of the time they bark and run from it! :eek:
I builted a grim reaper to hang from my porch 2 years ago and had it sitting in my living room one night and my male dog started barking and winning at it for like 45 minutes, then the female got in on it. I had to move it to a different room and hide it!
It's hilarous to see 75lb and 85lb dogs running from static props! Bunch of big scaredy cats. HA HA!:D

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
awwww, that's a cute puppy! Good dog for making it look better! :p

We've been lucky so far. The cats mostly just take over the clean clothes basket, but one of them attempted to use my mummy as a scratching post.... till it nearly fell over on her. :rolleyes:
My cat used my mummy too for a scratching post...grrr! The worst thing she did tho' was climb on the fireplace mantle and destroy one of those singing deerheads...what cat balances precariously to sharpen it's claws when there was a perfectly good couch to use...LOL!

By the way...did anyone watch the season finale of Americas Funniest Home Videos where the woman taped her house as she walked in the door. All the floor/window/door trim was shredded on the floor and the dog even took out walls. The lady really took it all in stride but there was hundreds in damage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts