Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone recommend to me which prop controller would work best for operating a wiper motor. I decorate my front porch with nightmare before Christmas characters that I make and I add one every year. Thus far they have all been static props but this year I am doing the mayor and want to be able to have his head rotate between the two faces. I’m considering having some sayings from the movie coincide with the change in face, but undecided as of yet. My plan is to have the head rotate every 1-2 min. I am guessing the pico volt is what I would want to use if I am just going for rotation only and the picoboo if I want to incorporate the voice, but figured I would get advice from those that have experience with this. Here’s a picture of my completed pieces thus far. Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Depends if you need precise movement so it stops with one of the faces directly forward. Even a PicoVolt may not work as it will likely drift over time. Limit switches may be needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m a total noob when it comes to this so I will need to figure out what a relay switch is. Yes I do want the motor to stop when the faces are facing forward and pause there for a bit before rotating to the other face. Don’t necessarily care if it’s ultra precise but don’t want it stopping halfway in the middle either

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
I’m a total noob when it comes to this so I will need to figure out what a relay switch is. Yes I do want the motor to stop when the faces are facing forward and pause there for a bit before rotating to the other face. Don’t necessarily care if it’s ultra precise but don’t want it stopping halfway in the middle either
Setting up an automatic circuit with two relays for switching direction and micro limit switches might be a bit complicated for a noob. You'd probably be better off going with the PicoVolt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts