Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have some fun and post a picture of your prop building workbench. I have a theory that every haunter’s bench has: a cordless drill, at least one empty servo box, several piles of plastic shavings, Crazy Glue and a huge assortment of hand tools that have never quite found there way back to the marker outline on the peg board. Show what a real mad scientist lab looks like big or small. Ill start with my workshop and electronics bench.
DON"T CLEAN IT FIRST!!!
View attachment 6805
View attachment 6806

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
What a great idea, a look at the forum's mad scientists' laboratories. Yours looks like one by the way. So, whatcha doin' with the pumpkins? I just got done making mine hardwired with lights. No tea lights for me to mess with!

Here's my shop:

Currently working on airbrushing fluorescent wall panels for the ChromaDepth maze this year.

·
Registered
496 Posts
That is the NEATEST workbench I have ever seen...I'm too embarrassed to show a pic of mine!

Later,

Dennis

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Watcha doin with the punmkin

I am just new to this prop buildingthing so I am starting with the basics. I made a 3 axis bucky skull and documented the progress in a thread called "3 axis bucky skull project tribute" and then I made a talking pumpkin which you see on the bench. I borrowed....ok stole the ideas from fellow haunters on this site but now I am getting into uncharted waters by trying to make a new design of three axis eyes (no sockets). Any way super bench I remember seeing it before and being in awe. And to dacostasr No bench is too small or big for the pictures. If someone can build props with a slotted screwdriver and a hack saw it means they are better then me who can't put in a screw without a specalty custom designed driver. There is a web site out there with a guy who made a full cnc machine on his dinning room table in an apartment (With a newborn and wife ). When ever I think I cant do something because I don't have the resources...I think of him. :)

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
I am only allowed to work in the garage after i got foam dust all over our finished basement last year. It sucks. I wish i had a nice work area.

·
Registered
527 Posts
This is my horribly messey work bench. Trying to get it shaped up here in the next week or so.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It’s like déjà voo all over again. I could walk into that shop and start building things right away. Everything is at your fingertips.

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
Well, I'm in the garage, half of which is my work shop. So here is a pic of my bench....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Most of yours are so neat and well stocked!

This is my work space, it's a table and an old workbench that were left in my basement when I moved in.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Ooooh, a "Man Thread"!! {I know, there are some ladies that are "set up" and know how to use tools}.

Well I am a car guy, I have 3 antique cars and run a hobby business making some parts and restoring other parts. But Sept-Oct its Halloween only. My shop is a separate building detached from my house, so I don't have to work around daily driver cars, etc. Life is good.

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
Ooooh, a "Man Thread"!! {I know, there are some ladies that are "set up" and know how to use tools}.

Well I am a car guy, I have 3 antique cars and run a hobby business making some parts and restoring other parts. But Sept-Oct its Halloween only. My shop is a separate building detached from my house, so I don't have to work around daily driver cars, etc. Life is good.

Jeeeeeez too neat! My work area looks like a Junk Monster threw up! If I was so neat then I wouldn't have all the tripping bruise badges I now proudly display. LOL

2,442 Posts
Aww bless at all you men, showing off your man hideouts. It's really funny because my Husband doesn't have anything like this. Our garage is full of the kids stuff, if he wants tools he borrows his Dads! then again he's rubbish at DIY he once used, no more nails to glue a garden gate on, we had a windy day and I found my gate in the neighbours garden lol. He's really smart but has no common sense (tuts)

I got his Dad to put it on for me the correct non lazy way, I think I should have married a haunter then I'd have somebody to make my props.

Scourge, those skulls are great.

·
Psychomaniac
623 Posts
This is my workbench at home...

The whole garage is lined with shelves and toolboxes... none of which can be photographed right now since there is a 15x15' mad scientist's lab taking up the whole two car section! I have a big work area at my shop as well. That's where the bigger tools (drill press, chop saw, table saw, bandsaw, grinder, welder, laser cutter/engraver, CNC mill and CNC lathe) are located. No pictures of that though... it's way too messy!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here is my shop (garage). Hope my wife doesn't see it!! LOL :D
View attachment 6946

The current project is a coffin. And yes that is a hacked pneumatic cylinder in it! I don't think I will hack those again. I'll just buy on ebay or somewhere else!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I love the fact that most of the garages don't have any room for cars. Haunters must love to scrape windshields :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts